Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Phillips Diamond Vision are the best by far in my opinion if your looking for white. They have White Vision too but they are not at all white.

The bulbs are really really easy to change too by the way in this car.

Sorry for bad pics tho, and for some reason I'm finding it impossible to upload pics the correct way around!

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
drey_p said:
I've uploaded the photos again for you. Hope that helps
Thanks a lot, I must have been missing something, no matter which orientation I uploaded them in they ended up upside down.

MarcR said:
Am I just biased, or are the headlight clusters on the K absolutely beautiful to look at?
Totally agree :D

I'll take some pics in the daylight too, I just took those on a whim in the dark after work.

·
Registered
463 Posts
What size(h7) and type (halogen/xenon) are the following please:-
Dipped
Main beam
Side light
Fog

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've changed mine to Phillips Xtreme Vision Plus. The amount of light they put on the road even in well-lit areas is good!

I got them from Euro Car Parts. They are on a deal at the moment for £19.99 including free delivery when they should be £35! Bargain in my eyes!

It's nice to actually be able to see the road now, as I thought the standard bulbs were pretty poor

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Basically you need to be looking at the kelvin temperature if you are after white light, the higher the better up to a point until you get into purple etc.

Kelvin isn't brightness, just colour hue

Stock bulbs around 3300k
Xtreme vision is around 3500k
White vision is around 4300k
Diamond vision is around 5000k

6000k is about the max until you start to see a bit of blue

·
Registered
45 Posts
Josh27 said:
What size are the bulbs for main beam, dipped, side lights and fogs? Cheers
Main should be H7, dipped H1, fogs is H8.

Some who have tried Philips WhiteVision as DiamondVision is not street legal for an MOT.

·
Registered
834 Posts
The problem with uprated halogen bulbs that look white is that as soon as you come to drive in wet conditions they are useless.
They are that bad you may as well not have your headlights on.
If you aren't prepared to install Hids and you still want to see the road in wet conditions you would probably be better getting something like night breakers unlimited, 75% of the bulbs surface is coated blue with a clear glass band running round the middle section. These are a good compromise but maybe still a little yellow for some peoples likings
If you just want the white look and aren't bothered about seeing anything in poor weather conditions then get the Philips diamond vision

·
Registered
45 Posts
JJ-Yorks said:
The problem with uprated halogen bulbs that look white is that as soon as you come to drive in wet conditions they are useless.
If you aren't prepared to install Hids and you still want to see the road in wet conditions you would probably be better getting something like night breakers unlimited, 75% of the bulbs surface is coated blue with a clear glass band running round the middle section. These are a good compromise but maybe still a little yellow for some peoples likings
If you just want the white look and aren't bothered about seeing anything in poor weather conditions then get the Philips diamond vision
The Philips WhiteVision should take care of this instead of using the illegal DiamondVision. I have seen many tests, where Philips bulbs are supreme to Nightbreaker. I have purchased the WhiteVision for my Astra. Pictures will be available later on.

·
Registered
834 Posts
LasseMandrup said:
JJ-Yorks said:
The Philips WhiteVision should take care of this instead of using the illegal DiamondVision. I have seen many tests, where Philips bulbs are supreme to Nightbreaker. I have purchased the WhiteVision for my Astra. Pictures will be available later on.
Hope you don't expect the white vision to be white as you are going to be really dissapointed..still very yellow, lots of reviews too regarding these bulbs and everyone who is looking for a white light say don't buy them.
That's why everyone wanting white lights from standard H7 tend to buy the diamond vision

·
Registered
45 Posts
JJ-Yorks said:
LasseMandrup said:
JJ-Yorks said:
Hope you don't expect the white vision to be white as you are going to be really dissapointed..still very yellow, lots of reviews too regarding these bulbs and everyone who is looking for a white light say don't buy them.
That's why everyone wanting white lights from standard H7 tend to buy the diamond vision
Well the WhiteVision are the best mix from both. DiamondVision can't give you the needed light in the dark as WhiteVision can. Here you are in a dilemma where color and performance are the key elements. It seems to, that the DiamondVision is not better in perfomance than WhiteVision, but i agree that they are whiter. Nonetheless I can always switch to the DiamondVision, if I am not happy with the color. The Astra has an advantage in main lights (H7) as it can hide the tinted bulb behind the glass sphere. Sometimes the headlight are far way to exposed to see that the bulb is blue tinted, which is illegal.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Liam can you provide a link to the kit you got and also confirm how easy/hard it was to install please

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
What he said ^^^ (although they look blue in the photograph on my tablet)

·
Registered
834 Posts
Liam3593 said:
I've upgraded my my headlights including my high beam to 6000k HID. Soo bright I don't even need high beam. I've also upgraded my fogs to 6000k bulbs. All white every thing :D
Looking good...can't beat HID's but how are you coping with them on high beam as they need a few seconds to warm up.

Only comment I have is yours do look a little on the blue side, maybe you are a little braver than me as I don't want to get pulled so went for the 5000k

Far superior to standard halogen though :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.