Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

i have a astra k 1.6 cdti,i was looking to see some pictures of the twin turbo 1.6 engine. There is not any real pictures on-line at all not even on other models! i was just curious on how the turbo are set up compared to the standard 1.6?
also i would like to know how the different power outputs are achieved on the 1.6 cdti? is it just different ecu maps? or something else? what i was wondering is, would a 110ps model be able to be mapped up to a 136ps? i am just curious.

Also you see how in the manual there are different diesel engine codes? well there are usually pictures of the different engines but not in the astra manual there isn't any pictures! or even info. So i would like to know the difference between engine codes and also how to find out what engine code i have

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mines on order since early January, latest update on Monday is to expect it end of April. I'm not sure I can answer any of your questions though!

·
Registered
212 Posts
My understanding is that the Turbo element is different between each model as the Price Guide has this information:

1.6CDTi 110PS Turbo diesel with and without Start/Stop
Turbocharger with intercooler.
300Nm (221 lb.ft.) @ 1750-2000rpm

1.6CDTi 136PS Turbo diesel with and without Start/Stop
Variable geometry turbocharger with intercooler
320Nm (236 lb.ft.) @ 2000-2250rpm

1.6CDTi 160PS BiTurbo with Start/Stop
Two stage turbocharger with intercooler
350Nm (258 lb.ft.) @ 1500-2250rpm

AFAIK the BiTurbo has two turbos - a small one and a larger one that work together to provide the torque across the range and it sounds like the other engines have different turbos too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the reason i was asking is because after the warranty is up i would consider changing to the twin turbos, That is if it can be done. Time will tell surely someone will try it because if the basic engine is the same then surely its just a different manifold and different ecu mapping

also i wonder what the ecu mapping places are going to get from these engines

1 - 8 of 8 Posts