Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, just got my dates from the dealer. Getting a nice shiny SRi 110PS ecoflex 1.6 CDTi in Emerald Green with quite a few extras. I'm upgrading from a Toyota Aygo, so this will be a massive improvement in every way. :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Aaah! My dealer is a complete bugger. Calls me this afternoon to say the car is here, and I still can't get in to pick it up until Wednesday. He could have at least waited until Monday...

Ah well, bit of time left to see how close to empty I can get the fuel tank on my old car... :D

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Dirk Dirkler said:
Ah well, bit of time left to see how close to empty I can get the fuel tank on my old car... :D
When I traded in my old Astra 'J', the fuel was right on empty! Sweated a bit because it was a diesel!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it simply is the best of all the choices. Someone would have to be a fool NOT to choose that colour. As I see you are not. :)

Also, nice choice on the SRi.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aaaand dropped my Dash Cam off for install on Monday and he said that it was being cleaned now and would I like to do the handover on Tuesday instead of Wednesday? Of course I said yes. :D

Absolutely loving it, got the next couple of days off to give it a good test. Already done 190 miles on it...

The engine is incredibly nippy. Absolutely no complaints there. Only thing I'm having a bit of a problem with is the reverse camera - just need to think of it as being on the center line as am so used to using the nearside mirror to line up with things.

Found that the phone holder will JUST take an LG G4 - if you don't have a bouncy case on it. Also that the charging cable gets in the way a bit with my left leg. Will need to get a 0.5m Micro USB to Micro USB M-M cable so that I can route it around the back to the other side. Not sure on the output of it, but it appears to be quite fast. I would guess 2.1A.

Loving the extra light from the sunroof. Even more so when it's open - glass is tinted. Not sure if this is standard as I have the tint pack.

Just waiting on my free scuff guards arriving for the door sills. They are apparently on back order, but for 8 weeks??? :D

Pictures to follow once I get a sunny day. This is Scotland, so be prepared to wait a bit... XD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts