Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I picked mine up last monday. Got around 750 km in it so far.
Its deep sky blue CDTI 110 with intellilux and navi 900. In Denmark its an Enjoy model.
I have put Michelin CrossClimate all-year tires on it.

I'm very impressed so far. But after all, I'm coming from a Peugeot 207 with 7 years and 200.000 km on it.
The drive is silky smooth, not much engine noise.

I have a few small complaints, nothing major.
I feel there is a little bit to much reflection of the interior in the windows and the windshield.
And, I don't undestand why favorites for the navi system shows together with favorites for the radio channels.
And, why oh why, can't i surfe the radio channels directly from the steering wheel without them being favorites.... doh.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Enjoy trim with lntellilux? I thought this option is only on dynamic (similar to sri) and innovation trims. It's a shame you get forced with piano black interior instead of silver enjoy version has, if you want leds.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi

Havent actually had a chance to use the intellilux yet. The intellilux is an extra. Its that way on all models in Denmark.
The enjoy is silver inside, not piano black. Might actually be the better finish, not so fingerprint sensitive.... :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thomasbk said:
The enjoy is silver inside, not piano black. Might actually be the better finish, not so fingerprint sensitive.... :)
If you are able to, please some pics of the interior so that we can all admire it! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Awesome looking motor!
Could we have some more pictures? And some of the interior would be great :)
Did you spec foglights seperately, or is it a part of the intellilux lights? Im on the verge to ordering a SportsTourer, and lurking out the see what options to get :) (Also from Denmark).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its correct that in the past enjoy could not be ordered online with intellilux. But it was always an option in the price list and no problem doing so at the dealer.
The fog lights were a seperate extra.

I will take som pictures soon.

·
Registered
338 Posts
How are you finding those CrossClimates? I was thinking of doing the exact same thing, getting Michelin CrossClimates on the thing as early as possible (car ordered, no date yet), from all the good reviews those tyres have.

Ah, and since this is a Danish related thread in some way, I'm also in Denmark, and I'll be getting my hands on an Enjoy 1.4 150 HP (or should I say HK? ;)) in the next couple of months. Power Red with a few extras, but not the LED headlamps; I figure if they go out of warranty they'll cost a mint to replace (and cars are expensive enough here as it is). I also prefer the lower spec dashboard appearance as you have, rather than the dark headliner and glossy piano black in the higher trim level.

Hope you're enjoying the car!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi

I'm enjoying the car very much.
I have small "mental" issues regarding the navi system not being to TomTom standards, and the car not being delievered with an up to date map.
Also i find it annoying that the mileage from the trip-computer does not match reality. I have a variance for circa 2 km/liter.

Concerning the cross climate, so far I have no reason to complain. I'm not the one for "pushing" the car, so maybe i'm not the best reference.
Also we haven't had much snow since late february where i got the car. So car handling in deep snow i can't comment on.
The official review from FDM was not that great. I had hoped for a better review...
But all things considered so far I can't complain.

·
Registered
325 Posts
@thomasbk What is the fuel consumption per 100 km? I'm thinking of buying a car with the exact specs, only without the matrix lights. :) Would love to hear more thoughts of the car and engine behavior, in general. :) Which are those rims between?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi, I can say that the trip computer is giving me 23,5 km/l. But my manual calculation puts it more like 21,5/l.
I mainly go by motorway which means 110 km/h. And i drive "nice", mostly keeping my self from small accelerations and such.
Also i drive almost always alone, so nut much extra weight. I feel the car has a lot power for my use, so i'm not sorry for my choice of engine.
I just wish that the trip computer was more accurate calculating the fuel consumption.
I feel the engine is very silent without any vibrations, so that is a big plus for me.

I go 2x52 km a day. But I worry that my driving pattern isn't a good match for the diesel. The manual says that the cleaning process for the particle filter needs 2000 rpm for a longer duration, I don't get more then 1900, or so, driving 110 km/h in 6 gear.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Maybe a couple times a week you could cruise at 110km/h in 5th gear to increase you revs. Won't help with fuel efficiency but should blow through the DPF.

EDIT:
Also, there is a comprehensive thread on fuel issues. A couple of forum members have taken their car back to their dealer to have the trip computer re-calibrated to be more accurate in reporting fuel efficiency.
Here is the link
http://www.astrakforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=93
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
325 Posts
@Thomasbk How often do you have to drive in the way you mentioned, in order to clean the filter? Do you have a notification on the dash board when the cleaning process is happening?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi
So far i just drive as I feel like.
There is no indication from the car when the cleaning process has been completed. Which i feel would be a very nice feature.
The manual indicates that there is a warning light for when it is absolutely necessery to drive the car in such a way that the cleaning process can be initiated. But this has not happend for me yet.
I feel an indication for when the cleaning has been completed is an absolutely necessery feature, because only then would I be informed that my driving pattern is reasonable in this relation. This way i have no way of knowing if i should drive differently until the warning light comes on.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yep, there is no sense putting an indication when it's finished... As far as I know, in Octavia there is notification that informs you when the cleaning process is happening, so you could drive the way the manual suggests. Hope that dpf filter won't cause any problems in the near future..

·
Registered
573 Posts
Thats the problem with owning a tractor engine instead of a proper car engine :D

Seriously, theres an DPF indicator when it's regenerating. Other thing is that it gets clogged from city driving, but when driving higher then 2k rpm it just gets clogged slower. Regeneration is different process to "driving in 2k rpm", so unless there's DPF message - there's no need to rev it past 2k rpm without purpose ;)

So, drive it normally and when u get your message - follow the instructions in the manual :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.