Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. The hot topic of which fuel you put. Personally, since I bought the car I was always using V Power Nitro + (low prices assisted on that). However, I read recently that the benefits of keeping the valves clean etc. do not apply to direct injection engines. So today for the first time I put Shell unleaded. However, I also read something that I did not know. That all fuels in the UK (even premium) contain ethanol (5% I think) which some people claim that it is really bad for the engine. I have only found online (other forums) that Esso premium does not contain any ethanol (apart from Scotland). Would like to see your views on these two topics.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Opel/Vauxhall is certified for up to 10% ethanol blend, so dont worry ;) ethanol cleans your engine along the way too ;)

Personaly i use 98 ron fuel as it gives a bit less vibration when idle, but apart from that - i haven seen any difference

·
Registered
770 Posts
I'm using the Sainsbury's (BP?) super unleaded as I always got more MPG in my old car in that. Only costs 5p per litre more (about £2 per fill up) and the car's only done about 850 miles from new so not seen any dramatic improvements so far.

As Kristis said, Vauxhall/Opel engines have been good for that increase in ethanol for some time now - only exception is the old 2.2 direct injection engine in the Vectra/Signum/Zafira, I think?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts