Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When at the dealers today to pick up new matts. The salesman asked me if I've had a problem with my fuel flap. He said there has been 3 cars back with the bottom right corner sticking out.not flush with body of the car he said it's been referred to Vauxhall.Mine is ok but just thought I'd let others know That 3 cars from one garage.So must be others

·
Registered
856 Posts
Lock-N said:
When at the dealers today to pick up new matts. The salesman asked me if I've had a problem with my fuel flap. He said there has been 3 cars back with the bottom right corner sticking out.not flush with body of the car he said it's been referred to Vauxhall.Mine is ok but just thought I'd let others know That 3 cars from one garage.So must be others
Hi

Mine has a slight ridge but nothing serious.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have had a issue with the opening of my fuel flap!,the fuel flap does not unlock with the button inside the car or when the car unlocks when the key is removed! also i have to press the fuel flap in then press the button on the key for it to pop open! it does not open any other way!. I had it into vauxhall and they said it was normal but i dont agree as i tried a few on the forecourt and they where not like this.
Also i have been getting a irritating rattle from the silver ring around the speedo,it has got gradually worse as the miles go on! but they wont fix it and also there is a large amount of wind noise rite at your ear coming from either the window or door seal. I think they think i am being picky but honestly the rattling is very irritating it has got to the stage i hear it over the radio and this wind noise is beginning to annoy me also

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
somervillearron said:
I have had a issue with the opening of my fuel flap!,the fuel flap does not unlock with the button inside the car or when the car unlocks when the key is removed! also i have to press the fuel flap in then press the button on the key for it to pop open! it does not open any other way!. I had it into vauxhall and they said it was normal but i dont agree as i tried a few on the forecourt and they where not like this.
Also i have been getting a irritating rattle from the silver ring around the speedo,it has got gradually worse as the miles go on! but they wont fix it and also there is a large amount of wind noise rite at your ear coming from either the window or door seal. I think they think i am being picky but honestly the rattling is very irritating it has got to the stage i hear it over the radio and this wind noise is beginning to annoy me also
Is it worth trying a different dealer, maybe in a nearby town?

·
Registered
48 Posts
i think i am going to try a different dealer,to be honest my experience with this dealer has started putting me off vauxhall although i like my car. Going to do exactly that and try a new dealer before i make my decision in changing brand in november i just got the car in january and am already getting irrritated

·
Registered
256 Posts
Are you sure this is not how the flap is supposed to work? I've not got my car yet, but according to the owner's manual I've got, the flap is purely manual - push to open, push again to latch shut. It locks with the rest of the car, but to open and close requires a manual push - is this how yours is working?

·
Registered
856 Posts
Steel_Blade said:
Are you sure this is not how the flap is supposed to work? I've not got my car yet, but according to the owner's manual I've got, the flap is purely manual - push to open, push again to latch shut. It locks with the rest of the car, but to open and close requires a manual push - is this how yours is working?
Hi

That's exactly how mine works and its very easy to open it by accident when your washing the car.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
411 Posts
Just a thought - have you got the remote set to open just the driver's door when pressed?
If so, you would then need to press it again to open the other doors and fuel flap.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SwissTJ said:
We must have sold 50 or so since launch. None returned with this.
Hi only passing on what salesman told me.I was asked if Iv had a problem as there has been 2 or 3 cars back with bottom right side sticking out.Dont Know how many cars they have sold

·
Registered
357 Posts
Noticed yesterday that mine sticks out a bit. Can see it in the side mirror. Don't think it's worth going back to the dealer with though. May mention it when it has it's 1st service next year, if I remember.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SwissTJ said:
That's fair enough, just passing on the info from the coalface up here - sticking out fuel flaps is not a fault we've seen.
No problem.i just thought I'd pass on what I was asked to let others know there may be a slight problem

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Massive thread revival, but better than a new one. :lol:

Does anyone else have a fuel flap that doesn't sit flush. Mine has been like this since new but it's annoying me now.

Can this assembly be taken out with dismantling half the car?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.