Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fuel economy on the New Astra looks fantastic and Vauxhall claim 55mpg urban driving, 74mpg extra urban and 65mpg combined on the three cylinder Astra 1.0i 105PS Turbo Start/Stop ecoFLEX.

Are you getting anywhere near the quoted figure for your model?

·
Registered
495 Posts
i have the 1.4 turbo and im not getting the quoted figures as of yet but the car is still new only had it just over two weeks and havent done that many miles but as the days go on it is getting better as the engine loosens up

most new cars dont start to hit good figures untill they have done atleast 2000 miles and wont come close to book figures untill they have normally hit around 10-15k as the engine will be super tight

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I've now done just over 2000 miles in my 1.0 SRi and I'm way off. The car is returning a shown 45mpg approx, which has been constant since new I think. If I work it out myself it seems to be around 43mpg. I'm hoping it's going to improve as I was hoping to get at least the Urban figures on average which would be 55mpg approx (although the SRi has 17" wheels which reduce the economy slightly from the figures the OP quotes).

·
Registered
834 Posts
I think 45mpg is pretty good for a small turbo charged petrol, some diesel's struggle to do this kind of mpg....if I can get this kind of figure around hilly West Yorkshire then I would be more than happy.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
JJ-Yorks said:
I think 45mpg is pretty good for a small turbo charged petrol, some diesel's struggle to do this kind of mpg....if I can get this kind of figure around hilly West Yorkshire then I would be more than happy.
It might be quite good for a small turbo petrol engine, but not for one that's got official figures of 54.3 urban, 72.4 extra urban and 64.2 combined. I've also not got any hills around here, this is The Fens, none more flat. The previous 5 cars I've owned have all returned roughly the combined figure on average for me, so not even getting the claimed Urban figures is annoying. I chose the 1.0 as I thought I'd get at least 55mpg, hopefully more. Beginning to wish I'd chosen a different engine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
36mpg? That sounds really low, I could live with 42.3mpg as thats currently what my old Corsa 1.4 (100) engine is getting me but to go much below that...really contradicts the 'official figures'.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Yes I did get that but was a motorway drive mainly with a little town

On average since I have had the car I'm getting 36.7mpg according to the my Vauxhall app and no mine is a manual

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.