Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys!

Please share your fuel consumption values with a photo of BC. And if you have information of real-life consumption, you may also share this.
And you can also write road and weather conditions and which tyre you do use.

My consumption shows a round trip highway drive.

I have an 1.6 cdti 136 hp MT6 Execellence(elite) with winter tyres(goodyear ug performance gen-1)

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi,
I've the 1.6 cdti automatic with 18". I do 50 miles a day of mixed driving and am managing 43 mpg only even with light and careful driving. Does anyone have a diesel automatic and what sort of mpg are you doing.
Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
SRI 1.4 T (150) . I am currently, according to the trip computers, averaging 42.5 mpg over the last 1600 miles. This has been local driving on country lanes, 1000 miles on major roads but does include some tough jams on the M25.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thanks Slowcoach. I think we need everyone to quote (actual) or (display) mpg in this thread as we know there can be a big discrepancy so it will help with comparisons.

·
Registered
91 Posts
it threw the eml light a while ago , i posted the code at the time , iit went to vx for a week or so to get fixed

think it was just a pressure sensor issue causing low turbo boost

seems to be running a tad better then it ever did since it was returned though and i never got anywhere near the 70mpg mark showing on trip before

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Astra always stays on between 4/4.5 L/100Km but to me the consumption seems more than that.
Note in the picture attached that the fuel indicator showed I consumed already more than half tank with less than 400 km after a full refill.
Very strange.. i will try to stretch and test the real mileage until the very last drop of gas remains :D

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Please share your running cost guys. Most of the People in Turkish forums dont beileve the fact that this car is economic; and they blame me for cheatong them :D. (İ dont kmow how i did this but they say in that way :) . I know also lot of non-users of new astra is following this forum and they would be corious about fuel efficiency in all engine options.

So i think we need more information in this case.

Sorry for flooding; but i thought that should be upped.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
gunswills said:
Just a thought but as well as adding mpg , perhaps add what tyre pressures you were running too ?
Yes it is logical:) my tyre pressure mostly was 39 psi when im getting 4.6 liters/100 km in mixed roads.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Is anyone else keeping a log of their fuel economy?
My OBC claims around 63mpg, but when I calculate it based on full tank calculations I'm only actually getting 54mpg. I knew I wouldn't be getting anywhere near the 85mpg the figures claimed, but it bugs me that the OBC is so far out. My previous cars OBC was accurate to about 3%, the Astra is out by over 16%.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Still getting real mpg 43 in my Astra 1.6cdti automatic, 35psi front 32 psi rear tyre pressures.
(50%) Town
(25%) Dual Carriageways
(25%) Motor Ways
Even though the OBC reads 60mpg
Car has covered 2000km so far.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.