Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my 150 Sri on 8th of Dec love the car but today went to a hand car wash very nice east European man told rear lights have water in them had a good look and he was right so it's a trip to main dealer hope it's a quick fix

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Might just be they got a bit close with the pressure washer. Mine's been attacked, sorry hand washed a few times, maybe I ought to check my rear lights.

·
Registered
38 Posts
onstar235 said:
got my 150 Sri on 8th of Dec love the car but today went to a hand car wash very nice east European man told rear lights have water in them had a good look and he was right so it's a trip to main dealer hope it's a quick fix
Just given my SRI its first wash and I have the same issue on the rear (passenger side).

Other issues I have are what appears to be an airlock in the petrol tank - I have tried filling up at different garages but cant get past 3/4 of a tank.

I have also seen a message advising me to have the anti theft alarm checked - Its really sporadic though and only seen it 3 times.

I will be contacting the dealer this week

·
Registered
798 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I washed mine today and there seems to be some water in the drivers side light. its not like a pool at the bottom., its more like there's water stuck behind the lens in the top right corner. mines has the non-led standard lights.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Had a look at my rear lights today (standard non LED), they seem fine. I'll have a look when it next gets washed to see if there are any goldfish in them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi All,

I work for a Vauxhall Main Dealer in the Service Department. Generally with the New Astra's this is normal! The new vehicle's with LED's have small vents to allow the escape of air. This is because the upgraded lights can get VERY hot and need ventilation during normal operation. Older vehicles without LED's you may not notice this so much as they are fully enclosed units. However the new vehicle's have ventilation. Not so much that excess water enters the light unit but enough so you may notice slight misting/water on cold days or after a wash.

I'll advise you what Vauxhall generally advise in the first instance:

- Turn vehicle ignition and engine on. Allow vehicle to do normal winter de-mist procedure until you're ready to go.
- Drive vehicle for 20 minutes with lights on. If you have auto settings, turn lights to ON mode so they stay on. Drive vehicle normally for 20 minutes.
- Pull over and inspect rear lights.
- If rear lights still have water/misting at this stage take a photograph and show to main dealer. They will have to raise a Technical Case to get this approved under warranty. This is because rear lamp units are less-ventilated than the front main beam unit.
- If it is front lights misting the dealer can self-authorise the claim and replace the headlamp units. If it's rears a Technical Case must be raised. Preferably in both instances the dealer raises a case to ensure Vauxhall are made aware of any issues.

Normally issues like this are covered by warranty. However! Don't jump the gun as after 20 minutes if the water has disappeared as the lights warm up this is normal.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Had my car in today. Initially the advice was similar to above (ie leave it running 20 mins) but the condensation has been there for weeks so I knew this would not be the solution.

New rear lights have now been ordered under the warranty.

Issue with the fuel guage/tank not resolved. Have to monitor for a few more weeks running it down to empty then filling back up. Already tried this though and the maximum I could get in was 39 litres.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The fuel tank issue for Astra K is being investigated by Vauxhall. They are in the process of confirming whether it is a software glitch or fuel tank issue. As soon as they know a recall will be announced for free warranty work.

·
Registered
145 Posts
edinburghlad said:
Had my car in today. Initially the advice was similar to above (ie leave it running 20 mins) but the condensation has been there for weeks so I knew this would not be the solution.

New rear lights have now been ordered under the warranty.

Issue with the fuel guage/tank not resolved. Have to monitor for a few more weeks running it down to empty then filling back up. Already tried this though and the maximum I could get in was 39 litres.
Also let us know if the new lights fix the fault! I suspect they won't due to the venting and the warmer months ahead you may not notice condensation again until next year.

·
Registered
48 Posts
my astra elite is only a few months old less than 1.5k on the clock and the headlights and tail lights have steamed up

also have any of you noticed how slow the dual zone climate control is? mines when you press a button to change fan direction it takes a while to react or it cycles through all of the settings before settling at the correct one :cry: also my power red paint is the thinnest paint i have ever seen! i have chips everywhere already and my steering is really creaky.

I really like the car the looks have grown on me but i am just not happy with the list of issues,its going in to be looked at next month and i am not settling until everything gets fixed the list is rediculus and most of the problems started within 100 miles! The paint is the main thing really i look after my cars i have never once had so many chips especially not so quick! my last 3 mondeos i done over 100k on each and not one of them had as many stone chips as my astra already has. So i will be looking to have my paint looked at and also a small piece of rust at the top of the door fixed or they can replace the car like for like or give me my money back with compensation. over 20k for a vauxhall astra is a lot of money no matter the spec so i dont expect these kind of problems

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's a bit worrying about the Power Red paint finish. I haven't decided on a colour yet, but Power Red was up there. Has anybody experienced any problems with the metallic or pearlescent paint finishes, as Granite Grey is my second choice.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts