Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I owned a 61 plate 2.0cdti GTC and a VXR. Now have 1.6cdti K.

The K is smaller but doesn't feel it and feels upmarket with the updated interior. I like the new options especially the LED headlights. Fuel consumption is better than the 2.0cdti thanks to the K bring approx 200kg lighter.

I've got mine lowered by 40mm and this have improved the look and handling.

I sometimes regret selling the GTC as I'd put money into modding it. Once I've modded my K I'll be fully happy again.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'll give you an update once I collect the car - based on what everyone says, it sounds like I have made the right choice going for the K and trading in my J. :D

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Gilmore said:
I had a 2011 astra just 1.7cdti elite, and the new k is a massive upgrade
Same here! I think the 'K' is a massive improvement over the 'J' in just about every respect. Having said that, I've never owned or, indeed, even driven a VXR or a GTC....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I handed back my 3 year old 1.7 for a slightly higher speced elite, overall I'm impressed. The only negative is the brakes are not as good as the GTC, they have that odd extra travel before they bite.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.