Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Browsing through this informative forum, it would seem that some members have occasionally been charged more than Vauxhall's fixed price repair scheme suggests should be the case.
There may be good reasons for this, of course, but it must be worthwhile querying charges against those flagged as fixed.

Also .. given that Vauxhall claim approved parts are just as good as genuine Vauxhall parts ...why the cost difference?

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
I'd only see the need of using genuine serviceable parts during the warranty period, not including pads and discs, obviously.
Genuine parts are as stated, approved parts would be copy parts up to a similar standard.
Although in some cases I've found none genuine parts I've fitted in the past to be better than factory fitted parts.
Those factory fitted front suspension dust covers are not great, are they.
It's probably down to the deal that the manufacturer could do at the time when it comes to bulk buying. In fact some of the parts, genuine and approved may come from the same factory and maybe just repackaged with different names. I know this can happen with air filters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts