Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm in the process of buying the new Astra (1.4T SRI Carbon Flash). I went to my local dealer and managed to get the cost down to £240 per month which is only 32 more than the corsa I have at the moment and in my opinion is a massive upgrade. The dealer put through the finance and everything and told me the car had been ordered. I went in 5 days days later (Friday just gone) to sign the finance papers so I could arrange to pick it up. The sales rep just put the papers infront of me without reading through anything and told me to sign. Luckily, I'm not silly and I read the papers to find out that they were trying to make me pay £262 a month and hadn't told me!

Basically to get to the point, the sales rep has told me that Santander finance has said that the Astra will only be worth just over £5k at the end of my deal so that has put my monthly payments up. I'm very suspicious as I got the price down from £261 to £240 in the first place and now it's gone back up? Can anyone confirm if Finance companys do actually value the car and that this can happen? I am in love with the car and I will pay £262 but I just don't want to do it if it's false and it's just the sales rep getting his money back. Oh and I've seen a breakdown of the figures and the cost of the car is the same so the only difference is how much the car is worth at the end as I was first told it'd be worth £7k+

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Sounds like they're messing you around. Try some other nearby dealers and see what they come up with. Most will be happy to quote by phone or email and you can always use their quote to haggle with the original dealer if you'd rather buy locally.

I ended up going to a dealer in Bury St Edmunds, 30 miles away as they were a lot more helpful and responsive that my local Ipswich dealer but I can still go to any dealer if I have any warranty problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I visited them last night and managed to sort the issue out and got it all explained to me.

In a strange turn of events, I pick the car up this evening! Will post some pics when I get a chance!

·
Registered
92 Posts
RyanDGL said:
Thanks for the help guys. I visited them last night and managed to sort the issue out and got it all explained to me.

In a strange turn of events, I pick the car up this evening! Will post some pics when I get a chance!
So what did u pay? Did u just take the car and get ripped off or did u sort it?

·
Registered
331 Posts
What did they say the issue was?

Pick up the car this evening? WOW! When did you order it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was a problem with the finance company and not the figures that the dealership provided. I am paying a bit more than I should but after an hour and a half of discussions last night (and 3 hours previous) I realised I had no other options and I either took the car or left it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
RyanDGL said:
It was a problem with the finance company and not the figures that the dealership provided. I am paying a bit more than I should but after an hour and a half of discussions last night (and 3 hours previous) I realised I had no other options and I either took the car or left it.
Thats what they want u to do, cave in and take the car. They say take it or leave it. If you leave it they will be on the phone later haggling again. If im only paying £244pcm and i had nearly £800 of negative equity from my previous finance with a £400 deposit, your getting ripped off. But as long as your happy thats all that matters!

·
Registered
463 Posts
I must have been robed silly, I'm paying £303pm for my car with no extras other than white with powerflex and phone holder, I'm with santander and no deposit?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I'm with Santander too and that's where the issue was but mine turned out to be a credit score issue so I can't speak for anyone else. Mine is a PCP for 48 months.

Also, i feel like i should say, i originally told the dealership no and they never came back to haggle which is what made me go back after a while because i wanted the car so much! I managed to see it last night when i was leaving and it made me realise I've made the right decision!

·
Registered
27 Posts
PaulB said:
I pay £209 per month after a £300 deposit with no trade in. Seem to be getting a great deal compared with others. I've got a 1.4 turbo 150 BHP Sri.

Love the car, 2 weeks in.
If only I had your deal!!

I'm paying £220 per month and put a £1500 deposit down on top of £2100 part ex!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts