Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, my wife left the keys in the car with the headlights on and drained the battery, after jumping the car I brought it back to life. However, the panel below no longer operates. Checked the fuses and they are getting power for the individual systems. So is there a fuse/ relay I am not aware of or is there a voltage detection system in place although the car starts if under a certain voltage in will not allow the heaters to work? Also the front right tyre pressure sensor reading is about 5 psi out now.

Now and then though the heated steering wheel button will operate and work, which makes me think it is something else other than a fuse that has blown.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Plant

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Hopefully, the jumping of the car won't have screwed with any of the control modules. Me personally, I would take the battery off the car completely and give it a proper charge. It may well be u/s after being completely drained and at least this way you will know.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I agree, those modules might just be confused because they have been "undervolted"

Charge that battery and do the car equivalent of "Did you try restarting it" (Battery terminal off, wait 10 minutes, battery terminal on)

If that does not work, the jumpstarting might have fried something.

Reactions: Boroboy
1 - 3 of 3 Posts