Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't go for the spare wheel option but obviously the spare wheel would raise the floor level of the boot.
I like the idea of utilising the space where the spare wheel would be to keep the boot itself clutter free. For jump leads, tow rope, small tool kit etc.

Do you think I'd be able to just get the false floor or does the spare wheel effectively hold up the floor?

Cheers
Kev

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
That price is mad, a £95 option when new for the whole spare wheel, the wheel and other bits come in at around £250, then £165 for the new floor and support.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link but that price is ridiculous!

Think I might just get the jigsaw out and make one one weekend!

·
Registered
23 Posts
DIY is the best option I think :) But if you have any chance to change tyre repair kit to spare option i recommend you to do it. The foam part around spare can store a lot of things out of sight and in some conditions like tyre split, tyre repair kit is useless ;)

And also you have some space in side panels of the boot ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I agree that a foam kit is useless if there is a significant puncture apart from which it often means a new tyre if you use the foam because some tyre depots will not repair once foam is used,then there is the cost of replacement foam. I have bought a spare wheel without tools or boot fitting. I have put the wheel in, kept the tools from my astra j, kept the mat that covered the spare wheel area in the j to cover the new spare. I have supported it with foam tubing,. It is not as neat as the factory fitted option but is okay for me, and I can keep all the odds and ends out of the way around the spare.
T

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers fellas.
Maybe I should go for a spare wheel. If I can add it now. :?

·
Registered
331 Posts
KevWak said:
Maybe I should go for a spare wheel. If I can add it now. :?
It depends on what event your car is at. If it has hit 25 or higher, you can no longer make any changes to the order.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:(
Ours is at the import docks waiting to clear customs!
Wonder if it can be retrofitted.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
KevWak said:
:(
Ours is at the import docks waiting to clear customs!
Wonder if it can be retrofitted.
It can be, but not for £95!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts