Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Scotland!

Have had my eye on the new Astra since the summer and will likely be making an order in the springtime. SRi Nav most likely with a few options. How many options depends on how much discount I can negotiate!

Anything will be an upgrade from my X-reg civic vti though!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Welcome Disco Panda,

I'm trading in a very old car too. Note you may be eligible for the £2,000 scrappage allowance if you want to take advantage. Most dealers are offering it but it's not widely publicised and not on Vauxhall's web site for some reason:

http://www.underwoodsmotorgroup.com/vauxhall/new-car-offers/vauxhall-astra-offers-essex-suffolk/#Astra-SRi

Note, the terms I saw state your new vehicle must be registered by 31 March which may be a bit tight now if you order a factory build model. However the terms on the above site state:
Offer available on orders OR registrations between 1 January and 31 March 2016.

P.S. When choosing extras, remember the Parking Pack is only slightly more than front/rear sensors but offers a lot more.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had the civic for 13 years. Not a patch of rust and never given me a problem. I am therefore slightly apprehensive to change it. I'll be keeping the new car for at least ten years too.

Planning on getting the following options:
A yet to be decided colour
LED headlights including driver assistance pack
Tow bar (for bike carrier)
Keyless entry
Rear tinted glass
Parking pack
Climate control
Ergonomic seats.

I'm hoping to bring the whole lot to under £20k.

I'm in no hurry so can bide my time for offers. Will be lurking in the forum until the big day!

·
Registered
856 Posts
DiscoPanda said:
Hi

That's the one option I wish I gone for but didn't as I didn't know it was available when I ordered back in August. By the time I had found out it was too late to add.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Paulch said:
DiscoPanda said:
Hi

That's the one option I wish I gone for but didn't as I didn't know it was available when I ordered back in August. By the time I had found out it was too late to add.

Cheers

Paul
I've messed up the paint on two cars already with bike carriers. It's a must have option for me!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts