Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Astra 1.4T SRI 150PS since the middle of Dec, very pleased with it apart from a hesitation/misfire when accelerating from approx. 20-50mph with moderate to heavy throttle application, this is more noticeable when cold, Just wondered if anyone else had the same issue?
I also have the fuel gauge issue and have had the alarm sound twice outside my house but no flashing indicators just the siren! It also did not register in the driver info when I got into the car and I had no text even though I am registered for it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
There is no flash on my car when alarm is activated. Is there any way to solve this problem?

Also some of my friends told me that hesitation problem but i coudnlt understand what they were talking about exactly. Now i see there is some other people have that issue also.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Doesn't sound good and not what you would expect from a new car. We are collecting our 1.4 Turbo at the end of March and any problems like that it will be going straight back. Could be down to any number of things but hopefully it can be sorted.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just seen this I have. Had a couple of incidents where I am accelerating and the car has a momentary jolt as if misfiring , also when pulling away I'm not sure if it's the sound of the turbo sucking in or a slight rattle, will take it in when I get a chance

·
Registered
357 Posts
Mine make the rattling sound as well. Started noticing it now I've been driving with the windows down. Pretty sure it's something to do with the turbo as does it when the boost comes in. Sounds like there's a dump valve in there somewhere as get that wooshing sound when you let off the throttle.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Had it since new too. Misfire usually happens in 2200-3000rpm range. Also idle is shaky and rough ;) dealership is crap so they refuse to even look at it :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
1.4 I50 k 2600 miles on clock ....smoothest engine I've ever owned ...and I've had a few ...no turbo lag...no turbo noise .....very quiet ..smooth and fast ...in fact one of the most fluent cars I've ever owned...and getting better as the miles go on ......I only use shell nitro plus from new ...test drove ford .focus .v w golf ..and audi a 3 as for what you get for your money it's no contest...another reason why it won car of the year ....you people who have problems either ..have a duff car ...get it looked at....or you not set it up right ...ie...tyre pressures..fuel you use ...tried cheap fuel once..it's crap...you can feel the difference.....spend 30 quid insulate boot area...my work partner has new focus ecoboost 150 bhp.....much more road noise not as quiet inside ..engine noise ..not as smooth...at speed...o yes astra k 6 speed box is very very good ....try some other cars before you knock what you got .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.