Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just cleaned my MAP sensor on 1,6 CDTI 2017, just as described here in the forum & in this video:

After that I turned on the car & got the message that the engine power is limited. This was not there before as I only cleaned the sensor as a precaution. Is this normal? Will it dissapear after I clean the faulr code? Do not have the ELM thingy yet...

Thanks,
Jakub

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After that I turned off the engine & dismantled/installed the sensor again. Upon next start I only have "Yellow engine light" on. Is the limp mode gone? I guess it would show every engine startup, right?

·
Registered
75 Posts
You have to clear the codes after unplugging a sensor. I had to do this when replacing the air filter and when adding a Racechip as that connects between some sensors

A cheap OBD scanner will work

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have to clear the codes after unplugging a sensor. I had to do this when replacing the air filter and when adding a Racechip as that connects between some sensors

A cheap OBD scanner will work
Okay, thank you, did not know that. I will clear it once the scanner arrives. I took the car for a spin & everything was okay, just the check engine light was still there.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I would claim that this would only have happened if you had the ignition on while unplugging your sensor.

The car would not run sensor checks while being fully off.

When i cleaned mine i had no lights come on.

Another possible reason could be that the car has adapted to the dirty sensor, and now you cleaned it, the actual data coming from the sensor is so far off of what it was before, so the car thinks the sensor is bad.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would claim that this would only have happened if you had the ignition on while unplugging your sensor.

The car would not run sensor checks while being fully off.

When i cleaned mine i had no lights come on.

Another possible reason could be that the car has adapted to the dirty sensor, and now you cleaned it, the actual data coming from the sensor is so far off of what it was before, so the car thinks the sensor is bad.
Thats not true, if you do not disconnect the battery it still knows when the sensor is unplugged, Trust me I have done this a few times on the K.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts