Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
They are not too comfortable and the massage function is useless especially for that amount of money :) im sad that i wasted my money on them and was expecting similar massage seats like they are in Lexus, BMW, Mercedes or at least Renault, so i ordered then on such expectation since no local dealer had them available for testing :)

In the end all they do is very very slowly and mildly inflate 2 of 6 sections in the lower back area without any vibration or at least more intensive inflation. Useless

Heres a video explaining how they look inside:

P.S. i will probably get comments from enraged fanboys, but before u attack me, i advise to try what is a massage function in an automative seat and what are they supposed to do ;)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Its not that bad as i made it sound, probably. Just that its useless in function and sun roof would have made it far better choice. But look on the bright side - u can have better resale value due to the seats, unaware buyers would be happy to pay extra :)

I hope u ordered LEDs? They are the best option available for the Astra ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
In my region the massage seat costs whooping 2000 euros. That was an instant NO for me. Glad to hear that I'm not missing much. Too bad that the memory option isn't available for any other seats but luckily me and my wife are about the same height so shouldn't be that bad.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The massage function is nothing special, neither was it on my previous Golf MKVII with massage seats either. It's more of a "flexible lumbar support" that makes the car makers tick the box "Massage seats".

However, I choose the massage seats mainly to get the electric drivers seat and memory function, which is both in the seat and in the key! Really appreciated for me and my wife as I'm a lot taller.
The electrical powered seat with memory is worth the option alone!

Edit: Type-o

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I have matrix lights my car at the dealership arrive factory fresh from Ellesmere Port I'm in Spain for 10days holiday mini break want to be with the car so have to wait abit more :roll: i should having a nice time but the car on my mind damm. Looking forward to driving it at nite time

·
Registered
331 Posts
PACMANIA said:
Yes I have matrix lights my car at the dealership arrive factory fresh from Ellesmere Port I'm in Spain for 10days holiday mini break want to be with the car so have to wait abit more :roll: i should having a nice time but the car on my mind damm. Looking forward to driving it at nite time
I'm not sure what matrix lights have to do with massage seats.... :?:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
drey_p said:
PACMANIA said:
I'm not sure what matrix lights have to do with massage seats.... :?:
Kristis said he hoped Pacmania had ordered them.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I missed that bit - thanks for clarifying. Now you know why I was confused by what looked like a random statement about matrix headlights. Lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
What about the ventilated option? Very poor also can hardly tell the difference when it's turned on even in this weather not good

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Geordie- boy said:
What about the ventilated option? Very poor also can hardly tell the difference when it's turned on even in this weather not good
Hos does this option work

Is it just an extra flap in the ac that opens up a vent under the Seats or is there something integrated i to the seats ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just a fan under seats. So nothing air conned about it. The theory is you turn air con on and once car is cooled it just blows the ambient air up the seat but quite poor. Had a old 04 Mondeo which did the same but was a bit better/cooler but again not great

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Geordie- boy said:
Just a fan under seats. So nothing air conned about it. The theory is you turn air con on and once car is cooled it just blows the ambient air up the seat but quite poor. Had a old 04 Mondeo which did the same but was a bit better/cooler but again not great
So is this a feature that can be selected with any seats or only higher end ones. ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts