Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question for Elite owners with reference to your rear usb ports. Are they just charging ports or can you play music/movies through them.

Only asking as I've ordered the parts as I'm going to try a retrofit.
TIA

·
Registered
60 Posts
Only for charging, I think they are 1.2A aswell in charging current.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
PACMANIA said:
Back USB ports are for charging and to watch movies that why you have 4g in the car. Make sense :cool:
They are charging/power only, they won't send anything to the infotainment centre.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info thats going to make the retrofit so much easier.

Think I've also found a way to make the powerflex adaptor connect to the stereo but that'll be in another thread.

·
Registered
107 Posts
cornishtaz said:

Think I've also found a way to make the powerflex adaptor connect to the stereo but that'll be in another thread.
:shock: that will definitely make me reconsider getting the phone holder.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Already ordered mine, but given the powerflex didn't support data over USB made me choose not to opt for it.
I also do not think there will be a modification possible without dismantling the console.
Who knows there is an option for the second USB source below the armrest.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Relic said:
Already ordered mine, but given the powerflex didn't support data over USB made me choose not to opt for it.
I also do not think there will be a modification possible without dismantling the console.
The only way to enable that is via a USB hub. This might cause issues for high powered devices (e.g. iPod, phone, etc.) but should be fine for multiple memory sticks.

The above is actually what Vauxhall have said is one of their bulletins.

·
Registered
23 Posts
curtisjk said:
Relic said:
The only way to enable that is via a USB hub. This might cause issues for high powered devices (e.g. iPod, phone, etc.) but should be fine for multiple memory sticks.

The above is actually what Vauxhall have said is one of their bulletins.
Well in practise vauxhall should anticipate on the possibility that owners would want to use their phone (Apple CP/Andoid auto) and have their music available on a usb stick.
By providing mirroring, a second media source becomes a necessity imo. competitors (Ford focus/renault megane) provide 2 usb and 1 sd card sources and they do not even have CP or AA.

Now you need to carry you music on your phone and have to connect it every time. Or you need to swap your usb w/ phone cable.
Solution would to have your music on both phone and usb.. this way it is all so cumbersome.

They missed here and only because 2 usb sources is viewed a premium option and available on their higher models. Sigh..

·
Registered
57 Posts
There is an audio in alongside the USB in the glove box so you can have iPod connected while charging phone. I also have a 12v socket (like cigar lighter socket) that you can plug USB charger in

·
Registered
56 Posts
cornishtaz said:

Can you enlighten me on this as ive been trying to figure this also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts