Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new elite nav 1.4T 150ps after testing and sri version with the same engine after a few hours I realised there was no sport button like there was on the sri, am I missing something is it placed somewhere else or does the elite nav not have one?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nuno is spot on, SRI is seen as the 'sporty' version of the Astra at the moment, thus why it has the sport mode button. The 'Elite' is seen as their luxury model, which would be why it doesn't have it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
In the past the SRi models typically had different gearing and harder suspension than other models. That's no longer the case with the Astra K so the Sport button is the only step in that direction. It apparently changes the feel of the accelerator and steering but I haven't tried it. I don't think you're missing a lot though.

Note the Elite has AGR Ergonomic passenger seat, 2 rear USB charging sockets and heated outer rear seats which are not available on any other model even as options.

See the New Astra Price/Specification Guide 1 January 2016 for full spec details - you can download it here:
https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/tools/vauxhall-request-brochure.html

It includes a detailed spec and price for each option.

You need to read it carefully to see that the details like the Parking Pack offers electrically foldable mirrors, the front/rear parking sensors add 6 speakers to Design and Energy models and the sunroof changes the SRi roof headliner from black to light grey.

It's not obvious until you look through it carefully.

·
Registered
495 Posts
UKtekkie said:
In the past the SRi models typically had different gearing and harder suspension than other models. That's no longer the case with the Astra K so the Sport button is the only step in that direction. It apparently changes the feel of the accelerator and steering but I haven't tried it. I don't think you're missing a lot though.

Note the Elite has AGR Ergonomic passenger seat, 2 rear USB charging sockets and heated outer rear seats which are not available on any other model even as options.

See the New Astra Price/Specification Guide 1 January 2016 for full spec details - you can download it here:
https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/tools/vauxhall-request-brochure.html

It includes a detailed spec and price for each option.

You need to read it carefully to see that the details like the Parking Pack offers electrically foldable mirrors, the front/rear parking sensors add 6 speakers to Design and Energy models and the sunroof changes the SRi roof headliner from black to light grey.

It's not obvious until you look through it carefully.
The elite also have door mood lighting, powerflex bar, folding mirrors, heated steering wheel, electronic handbrake to name a few I must admit there are a few things I like on the Sri but not enough to want me to change from my elite

One thing I miss from my gtc is the automatic main beam which I believe you get with the matrix lights but I don't have theses

·
Registered
360 Posts
Razormatt said:
The elite also have door mood lighting, powerflex bar, folding mirrors, heated steering wheel, electronic handbrake to name a few I must admit there are a few things I like on the Sri but not enough to want me to change from my elite.
You're right, although the SRi can be upgraded with the powerflex bar, folding mirrors (in the Parking Pack), heated steering wheel (Winter Pack) and electronic handbrake (included in Keyless Entry and Start or as a stand-alone option).

It's just the door mood lighting, heated rear seats and rear USB that are standard on the Elite and aren't available on any other trim levels.

I was tempted by the Elite but my vegetarian family wouldn't have sat on leather seats and the alternate light cloth trim didn't look very child compatible... :-(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.