Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Yesterday evening my astra was parked up on my drive as normal. When the alarm siren activated. No hazard lights just the siren. When i tried to cancel it using the key unlocking and locking the doors it continued to sound. Then it stopped for 10 secs, then started again for 20secs and went in a cycle, i started the engine and drove forward slightly and this didn't cancel the alarm. Gave Onstar a ring within the car, they tried to silence the alarm and at 1st it didn't work, eventually it appeared to stop of its own accord, they then told me it was a Theft Alert and I thought nothing more of it.

This morning I got in my car to go to work, and my heated seat didn't activate as it normally work on start up, nor did it work when I pressed the button, i checked the front passenger seat and that didn't work either, nor did the two rear seats when i tried to turn them on.

I just thought it was a little coincidental for both things to happen in one go. Has anybody else experienced any similar?

Lurch90

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

Had the same problem Friday, siren blaring ,no hazard flashers tried using key unlock
Button ,no effect ,siren stopped then restarted a total of 3 times then just stopped on
It's own .
Noticed Saturday heated seats not working at all.

Will have to contact dealer !

Anyone else had or got this problem ?

Thanks. Roger T

Astra elite nav 1.4T. 150

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi There,

I have had the exact same issue. The siren was also sounding with no hazards, siren would eventually stop after some time and then go off again as soon as I entered the car. This did this a number of times before it eventually stopped, I called OnStar who were only in emergency hours and weren't able to help.

I have also just discovered that since then the heated seats have also stopped working. Pressing either of the two buttons in the front does nothing.

Did you either of you two contact the dealer?

Thanks.

Astra Elite 1.4T 150

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have the exact same problem :) had siren go off, the seat ventilation/heating stopped and then - stop/start stoped working. Car is now in the dealership, will let you know tomorrow what they have found :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, thanks for this forum. Sorry for my english (I am from czech republic). I have the same problem with the car alarm. I do not have seat heaters.
Was the problem with alarm resolved? What was the cause?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello, My alarm has twice now gone off at random, with no lights flashing. Unlock with Fob and stops, lock it and 5 seconds later sounds again. Turned off internal sensors and locked car which has cured it. This is twice in the 6 months I've had it this has happened. I will book it in with VX asap. Does anyone know what the fault is, and any remedys that VX have come up with? Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey folks,

I've also experienced this issue. I've got a brand new Astra Elite Nav (in the UK) and a couple weeks ago I got the exact same symptoms as the OP. I took it to the garage who said the computer reported no errors so they just did a "manufacturer's reset" (I work in IT so the good ol turn it off and on again amused me somewhat) which I thought had cured it as my heated seats returned.

However last night the issue reoccurred which made me feel like a right prat driving home with the car alarm going off! Once again heated seats disabled but rest of the car fine.

It's going back to the garage tomorrow so I'll print this thread and hand it to them to see if the fix for Kristis's car is also applicable to my car.

Will report back!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hiya
Did they ever get to the bottom of what was causing this problem
As 2day when alarm was sounding but no flashing lights
But now I've noticed the heated seats are no longer working
Only had the car 4 weeks
Any help would be much appreciated
Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
AstraElite66 said:
Hiya
Did they ever get to the bottom of what was causing this problem
As 2day when alarm was sounding but no flashing lights
But now I've noticed the heated seats are no longer working
Only had the car 4 weeks
Any help would be much appreciated
Cheers
Hey AstraElite66,

Apologies I forgot to update the thread! I also can't respond to your PM as I've not posted enough or something.

The garage had my car for most of the day and apparently applied a software update to fix the issue for good. They said that the issue was known and listed on their internal system (don't have any reference numbers i'm afraid) with a published software fix.

As of current date the issue hasn't happened again and the car's been flawless for me. Didn't notice any visible changes following the update apart from I used to have the temp set to 20 degrees but I now have it on 19 most of the time but that could just be weather related or something rather than software update specific!

If your heated seats are still disabled and you haven't popped into a garage I suggest you do so rather than just leaving it. Didn't cost me anything in the end for the fix.

Hope that helps!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts