Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just got my new astra sports tourer today and was wondering if the electric folding mirrors can be folded with locking car or is it just by the switch in side :?:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Andyofbolton said:
Hi just got my new astra sports tourer today and was wondering if the electric folding mirrors can be folded with locking car or is it just by the switch in side :?:
You've got one on the road, my dealer's not even got a showroom model yet.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Was quite suprised that the mirrors can only be folded from inside. Our last car was a Seat Altea and on that you could hold the lock button down on thE fob as well as fold them from inside.
Quite often I would get out the car realise it's in a tight spot so fold the mirrors when I locked it. Now have to get back in to do it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah all my past cars with electric folding mirrors. Folded when the remote was used to lock doors? Very strange Vauxhall do not have this option...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey guys, I've actually contacted dealer about this issue (since in manual, there's option to turn on folding mirrors with key). They had no idea either, but contacted Opel and found out this is only available with AGR eronomic seats option with ventilation (in Opel price list marked as AG1 + SRY). That would be somewhat understandable if they stated it somewhere to make you upgrade to better seats, but this does't make any sense. I think the mirrors should at least automatically unfold when you start driving, since I've already forgot to do it few times myself.

·
Registered
212 Posts
This just seems a crazy omission . On all the cars I have had with electric folding mirrors they have always been operated either on the press of an internal button or automatically on use of the lock/unlock function of the fob. Looks like it has been missed - if you have folding mirrors the electrics are all there to perform it but the lock/unlock routine is not sending the signal to actually do it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Just discovered that not only do the mirrors not fold up when you hold the lock button down but the windows don't self close either. Always had VAG cars before the Astra and this was a standard feature on all the cars i had with RCL. Don't understand why they don't add this as the equipment is already there. It's the little things like this that make me realise why i've always had VAG . :roll:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Again - thought it would be standard - press and hold unlock to open all windows - press and hold lock to close all windows.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Even with AGR seats (with memory) and ventilation you don't get automatically folding/unfolding mirrors.
Does anyone here have Opel Astra with AGR seats and not Vauxhall Astra to confirm this? I though they are the same car, but in manual from Opel, it says on page 110 there should be option under Comfort and convenience settings:

Auto Mirror Folding: Activates or
deactivates folding of the exterior
mirrors with the remote control.

I can't find it in my car, so that's what why I've contacted dealer. It does not seems to be present in Vauxhall Astra manual, so that's why I'm asking.

Just discovered that not only do the mirrors not fold up when you hold the lock button down but the windows don't self close either
There also should be option under "Remote Lock, Unlock, and Start
Remote Unlock Feedback":

Remote Window Operation:
Activates or deactivates the
operation of power windows with
remote control.

So maybe it's just disabled? I'm not sure, but I think I've actually seen this one in my car's settings. I'm gonna check it when I'll get to it next time.

·
Registered
45 Posts
morgoth said:
Even with AGR seats (with memory) and ventilation you don't get automatically folding/unfolding mirrors.
Does anyone here have Opel Astra with AGR seats and not Vauxhall Astra to confirm this?
I actually have Opel Astra. Opel manual says that these options exist but in reality car menu (navi900 here) doesn't have these options. Manual is simply wrong. Opel confirmed that on facebook and on youtube.

Remote Window Operation:
remote control.
Opening/closing windows with remote works here. Folding/unfolding mirrors only with button on left door.

·
Registered
856 Posts
morgoth said:
Does anyone here have Opel Astra with AGR seats and not Vauxhall Astra to confirm this? I though they are the same car, but in manual from Opel, it says on page 110 there should be option under Comfort and convenience settings:

Auto Mirror Folding: Activates or
deactivates folding of the exterior
mirrors with the remote control.

I can't find it in my car, so that's what why I've contacted dealer. It does not seems to be present in Vauxhall Astra manual, so that's why I'm asking.

Just discovered that not only do the mirrors not fold up when you hold the lock button down but the windows don't self close either
There also should be option under "Remote Lock, Unlock, and Start
Remote Unlock Feedback":

Remote Window Operation:
remote control.

So maybe it's just disabled? I'm not sure, but I think I've actually seen this one in my car's settings. I'm gonna check it when I'll get to it next time.
Hi

My windows close if i hold the lock button down on the remote

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah but my last few cars had that global closure if you locked the door and held the button all windows would shut as well as mirrors fold and same if u opened mirrors out windows down to be honest a bit disappointed with Vauxhall.. Come on done a great job with this car but still behind on silly little things like this and also corning Light Most car manufacturers put as standard if you have front fogs...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.