Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I am currently looking purchasing a 1.4 T (150) Elite Nav. I have decided on the 18 inch alloys as an extra. I've also decided on the Parking Park as it should help to make things easier where I live.

The one extra I am really struggling with is the Driving Assistance Pack. How many of you have a car with it as an extra and how useful do you find it? I kinda worry that it will end up being "another thing that could go wrong" if you know what I mean. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Also, a quick thanks to everyone who has contributed to this forum so far as there is loads of great information. ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello,
I have the the Driving assistance pack and is very handy to have. The lane departure warning tugs the steering and guides the car back in between the lines. The blind spot warning works well too in flashing signal in the side mirrors, although when the sun is at the back it is a bit tricky to notice the warning lights in the side mirrors. I have the parking assistance, and so far find the rear camera very handy. Haven't tried the parallel parking system yet, as tried once in a tight spot and system kind of went off...
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have driver assistance pack and agree that it is useful.

Had a car pull in front of me and the warnings came on. If I had not been paying attention it would definitely have made me react.

I like that when you are following another vehicle you have a green car displayed on the dashboard to indicate that you are a safe distance behind. This turns amber when you get a bit to close and red when you are too close.

·
Registered
357 Posts
To quote the Vauxhall broucher, "if you often find yourself weaving erratically between lanes whilst inches away from the car in front then the driver assist pack is for you".
Hear it is to be fitted as standard to all new BMW's and Audis.

Some or all of the above may not be true. :)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Opastra said:
Hello,
I have the the Driving assistance pack and is very handy to have. The lane departure warning tugs the steering and guides the car back in between the lines. The blind spot warning works well too in flashing signal in the side mirrors, although when the sun is at the back it is a bit tricky to notice the warning lights in the side mirrors. I have the parking assistance, and so far find the rear camera very handy. Haven't tried the parallel parking system yet, as tried once in a tight spot and system kind of went off...
Hope this helps.
The blind spot warning isn't part of the driver assistance pack though is it? Is it not part of the parking pack?

I've got the SRi so the Driver Assistance Pack is standard, I'm not convinced I'd pay extra for it though, although it could yet prove it's worth.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Just done a drive on motorway in horrible conditions. Heavy traffic and spray.

Have to say that having the assistance pack made me feel more comfortable as lane markings were hard to see and car in front was invisible without its lights on.

Having the information on the dash was really useful.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input everyone. It is great to hear that some of you are finding the Assistance Pack useful. I can see it may be something I don't use all the time but it could be quite handy to have in case of that momentary lapse in attention.

Opastra - The blind spot warning from the Parking Pack is definitely a good addition - I've driven a rental car a few years back and, once I go used to the yellow light and beeping, found it helpful as the car had massive blind spots. If the New Astra is anything like my GTC, there are some pretty big blind spots. The rear parking camera was one of the key reasons I wanted this pack, although, having the vehicle park itself is cool... I don't know if I would be able to let go of the steering wheel though LOL.

MarcR - I am pleased you didn't have an accident in your new car when that idiot pulled out in front of you.

Out of curiosity, does the following distance indicator use the camera to detect the distance between you and the vehicle in front? If so, how effective is it in heavy rain or perhaps mist when the camera could be obscured?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.