Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have this same problem?

I noticed today of what looks like rust appearing from underneath the top door seal on the drivers door. The seal looks split but as the car was factory built for my order, and it only being a month old on the road, I can't see how the door would rust that quick??

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the month I've owned the car, and 2 times I've washed it, I've not noticed it. It's only just appeared

·
Registered
280 Posts
Have a look at the bottom of your door, there should be drainage holes there, see if anything of a similar colour is coming out the bottom.

I have seen something similar on my car coming out of the drainage holes on the doors. It's definitely not rust though on my car, it's more like grease / lubricant, but I don't know what it actually is.

I have seen it on a loan car I had as well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sully93 said:
Does anyone have this same problem?

I noticed today of what looks like rust appearing from underneath the top door seal on the drivers door. The seal looks split but as the car was factory built for my order, and it only being a month old on the road, I can't see how the door would rust that quick??
WOW

that is in the exact same place mine is rusting also!!! noticed it after two weeks,thought it was just mine! must be a issue with a lot of them then.

yeah but mine is identical to yours :evil:

·
Registered
383 Posts
I know some say it definitely isn't rust but, if it is...

Light surface rust can develop really quickly. Just look at your brake discs after a couple days left in the rain.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just a quick update on my first post ..

I booked the car into my dealer nearly 3 weeks ago, some guy from warranty took pictures and sent it off to Vauxhall.
Last week I got a call back from the dealership saying Vauxhall have accepted the warranty claim of the seal rusting internally so it's booked in next week to have the door seal replaced! .. However, the door seal in question comes with a new piece of window glass, they don't come separate, so I'm dreading rattles etc once the door card has been removed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm only repeating what Vauxhall technical/warranty have said. If they want to defect a part and change it then I'm not gonna stop them haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.