Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I haven't quite finalised sort of spec to go for. I currently have a Carbon Flash Astra GTC 2.0 CDTi which I will probably part exchange. I am considering:

Astra Elite Nav 1.4 Turbo (150)
18 Inch Bi Colour Alloys
Parking Pack with Advance park assist

Colourwise, I am tossing up between Power Red, Granite Grey or Asteroid Grey. As much as I like Carbon Flash, it REALLY shows the dirt up.

As you may have seen from my other thread I am also considering adding the Driver Assistance Pack.

I've never owned a brand new car before so it all very exciting, although, making decisions between the options is tough! LOL

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, I thought I would give a bit of an update on this. After doing the maths really carefully quite a few times, I have gone for the following spec:

Astra 1.4 T (150) Elite Nav in Power Red.
Extras:
* Driving assistance pack 1
* 18" Bi-colour alloys
* Parking pack

I negotiated with the salesman at my local dealership yesterday afternoon. I then went back this afternoon to finalise the deal and sort out the paperwork.

I am now in a state of shock :shock:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Sounds like a great choice - apart from the Sport button you've got all the benefits of the SRi as well as the Elite and the rear view camera etc.

What's your delivery estimate? Did you get much of a discount?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rear view camera was quite important to me - parking where I am is dreadful and that should help. It should be fun to try the park assist, if I can pry my fingers off the steering wheel! LOL

The dealer reckons it will be in May - approx 8 - 10 weeks from now. They've not confimed the exact date yet.

I got £1916 off RRP on 0% finance - I didn't think it was too bad a deal. They also offered me a decent part ex on my GTC.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought I would pop back and update this thread with the latest info I have.

My order is currently at Event 32 - Released. I think that means that all the bits have been released to the manufacturing plant and are awaiting a production slot.

It's estimated to be with the dealer a bit before mid May. Suddenly, it is all real and rather exciting!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Latest update.

I had an email from the dealer and they should have the car by 4th May. I should be able to collect it on 6th May... :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
drey_p said:
Latest update.

I had an email from the dealer and they should have the car by 4th May. I should be able to collect it on 6th May... :D :D :D
Excellent choice, mate, I'm sure you won't be disappointed! I picked up my 'K' last Fri week (29 Apr), having ordered it back in late Feb!! :eek: Previously, I owned a Deep Sky Blue 1.7CDTi 'J'. I had it for three years, but was always disappointed with the lack of 'oomph' (having had a Subaru Impreza prior to that!). The 'K' I now have isn't very far off the Scooby's performance, but it's a lot quieter, smoother and much more economical on fuel. I won't be able to chuck it round corners quite like I did with the Scoob, but, hey, ho, I'm getting too old for that now (I'm a granddad, for heaven's sake! :eek: ;) ).

I originally ordered my 'K' in Deep Sky Blue, same as the 'J', but I thought Power Red would look so much better (besides, I wanted the neighbours to know straightaway that I had a new car! ;) ) Red colours used to fade years ago, but that's the not the case now; paint technology has progressed considerably.

Anyway, mate, enjoy! I hope you like your new car as I much as I like mine!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your post. I am glad you're enjoying your new car.... excellent colour choice hee hee!

I've always wanted a red car and Power Red is a lovely colour. I can't wait to polish it up and wax it to make sure it shines.

I went into the dealer just after 1700 today and signed the various bits of paperwork I needed to so everything is ready to rock and roll.

I got the email from OnStar shortly after my visit and have completed the registration so that is all ready to go. As a matter of interest, it looks like my car was made in Poland, so about 8 weeks from the time I ordered is pretty darn quick!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Yeah, it just had to be Power Red, IMHO! All the publicity shots appear to be the car in that colour, so it was a no brainer really.

I had a brief introduction to 'OnStar' when I collected my car. As I said in another post, it's a bit 'big brother'. I had an impressive demonstration of it unlocking my car remotely. You're also supposed to be able to do it via an app on your 'phone. Seeing as I'm a 'luddite' and have a Windows mobile (ie, not Android or iOS), I'm unable, as yet, to have that facility - I'd have to call them if I lost my keys.

Also, as I have both a separate SatNav (I don't have the Nav version of the car) and my own vehicle breakdown cover, I'm not quite sure if I'd ever use OnStar. However, it's reassuring to know that they're supposed to call the emergency services for you if they suspect you're in serious difficulty. I suppose I could ask them technical questions about the car instead of looking an idiot on here!

One other thing, when you're on the motorway, don't try and change lanes suddenly without signalling, the car thinks you're falling asleep!!

Anyway, do let us know how you get on!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts