Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently bought 2 Michellin Pilot Sport 4's for my front wheels but don't know if its a good idea to upgrade the back original tyres the back as Bridgestones on they have plenty of tread left but is it fine to mix the two with the Pilot sport's on the front.

By the way if you are looking for tyres at the moment Kwik Fix have a bloody good sale on got 2 for £180 plus fitting works out £88 when they are normally are £130!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Just for some offtopic non-relevant story from my experience:
I drive car on all-season tyres all year around. We have here decent winters with plenty of snow and cold weather.

This autumn I got 2 new Bridgestone LM-005 tyres and fitted them on rear axle. The ones from rear (Bridgestone DV-V1) were put on front as they had plenty of thread left.

Within temperatures below -10 degrees there´s HUGE difference on grip 🙄
The rear ones are very slippery compared to front ones. Both are the same brand, but the DV-V1 is an arctic model, LM-005 is just all season tyre.
So... it looks like both are good brand good tyres but in cold weather there´s actually massive difference.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Fine to mix the tyres (same brand on either side of the axle) and replace the Bridgestones when you get the chance as they are crap.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fine to mix the tyres (same brand on either side of the axle) and replace the Bridgestones when you get the chance as they are crap.
More pilot sports will do the trick

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's fine to mix brands, but believe it or not, you should actually have tyres with the most tread on the rear. Even on a FWD car. Reason being that understeer is a lot easier to control than oversteer

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update: 2 tyres fitted and 4 days since fucking amazing best purchase grips really well 100% recommend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts