Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
I have the 1.6 CDTi (2018) 110bhp and I average now around 65-75 mpg but I add an additive to diesel - I only ever buy just supermarket fuel
Personally I wouldn't use any additives, running them through your dpf system. If you want improved additives use some of the premium diesel.
Although I've never used premium fuel, either within diesel or a petrol car, standard fuel is good enough for me.

·
Registered
Vauxhall Astra CDTi Sri Nav 2018
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Personally I wouldn't use any additives, running them through your dpf system. If you want improved additives use some of the premium diesel.
Although I've never used premium fuel, either within diesel or a petrol car, standard fuel is good enough for me.
To be honest It runs so much better. The additive says to use 1ml per 1 litre of diesel but I do just about half or so so 1ml per 2 litre.

After running that for about 1000 miles, the mpg shot up, engine is more perky and tbh the dpf is fine.

It's not too strong off an additive,.only increases cetane by about 1. It cleaned off injectors and removing carbon deposits

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
To be honest It runs so much better. The additive says to use 1ml per 1 litre of diesel but I do just about half or so so 1ml per 2 litre.

After running that for about 1000 miles, the mpg shot up, engine is more perky and tbh the dpf is fine.

It's not too strong off an additive,.only increases cetane by about 1. It cleaned off injectors and removing carbon deposits
If you feel as though it helps, fair enough. I doubt it increases the octane rating, neither do I think it would help with carbon deposits or cleaning injectors. The dpf system was designed to run without additives & your car was designed to run on regular fuel, too. .

·
Registered
Vauxhall Astra CDTi Sri Nav 2018
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you feel as though it helps, fair enough. I doubt it increases the octane rating, neither do I think it would help with carbon deposits or cleaning injectors. The dpf system was designed to run without additives & your car was designed to run on regular fuel, too. .
Very true but if you watch the videos where people do before and after, you'll see they do clean off the fuel tank and Injectors well.

Plus I'd assume in premium fuel, the additives are very similar to this potentially

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
Very true but if you watch the videos where people do before and after, you'll see they do clean off the fuel tank and Injectors well.

Plus I'd assume in premium fuel, the additives are very similar to this potentially
Here's one reason I wouldn't use additives-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts