Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I'm just in process of changing some modules in astra k. Wondering if anyone could help with programming my vin to a replacement instrument cluster. Part number is exact match. I have working vxdiag on laptop but no sps login. Could someone do this remotely for me over teamviewer?
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone,

I've read the whole thread, but can't get a real idea of what's really needed to retrofit a digital (insignia or new astra k) cluster into my actual astra with analog cluster.
I have an astra k innovation with navi900, joystick buttons like steering wheel.
Can someone tell me appart from buying the digital (which i'm intending to do) what other stuffs do i need? like cables, obd adapter and more important, who can help and assist me in programing and making it work. I really don't want to spend 300 euros in that cluster to be left with either not able to use it or worst having mounted the cluster and just getting a useless screen with no information or less than the actual one.
Thanks a lot in advance

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
The unit is plug and play, no need to modify cables, plugs or anything else. You only need to get it programmed to your car. If you have the proper cable and software this can be done remotely. The other option is send the unit over or visit someone who can program it for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
pepe said:
The unit is plug and play, no need to modify cables, plugs or anything else. You only need to get it programmed to your car. If you have the proper cable and software this can be done remotely. The other option is send the unit over or visit someone who can program it for you.
I've noticed that for the plug and play part, because the plugs are the same on both, but it's for the programming thing, i wanted to know what else do i need or buy to get it programed, or as you said, send it over to someone who could do it for me (someone genuine at least, who will return it back to me :) )
As for someone to program it for me, i'm from france and i don't know anyone here who can or is interested to do it ( yeah, here they kinda stick to what they have )

·
Registered
54 Posts
kirikoo said:
I've noticed that for the plug and play part, because the plugs are the same on both, but it's for the programming thing, i wanted to know what else do i need or buy to get it programed, or as you said, send it over to someone who could do it for me (someone genuine at least, who will return it back to me :) )
As for someone to program it for me, i'm from france and i don't know anyone here who can or is interested to do it ( yeah, here they kinda stick to what they have )
for remote programming you need a device OBD with a price 60-100$

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I've got a Holden Commodore ZB (Insignia B) that has the analogue gauges, I'm interested in replacing them with a digital gauge if possible however I do not have the steering wheel that has controls for my current screen in the gauges, instead I have the buttons on the indicator stalk which scroll through the menus.

Is it possible to do an upgrade with remapping for this or no?

Current gauges: https://images.app.goo.gl/t8PtNb5QapWFsq1U7

Indicator controls:https://images.app.goo.gl/3N9Vt63v5z5vNDHq9

81 - 100 of 108 Posts