Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just received a quote for after market paint protection from Ultimate Car Paint Protection who want £250 for Diamondbrite treatment, applied in our driveway, which includes cleaning and preparing the car, interior carpet and upholstery protection and exterior paint protection along with alloy wheel protection (which the dealers don't do?). The offer Supagard and Autoglym Lifeshine treatments too and can do additional vehicles for £210.

It sounds like quite a good deal but I'd be interested to hear from others whether this is a good option or whether you'd recommend any alternative. I think the dealers normally charge £450 or so for such treatments?

I'm keen to preserve the paintwork and stop the colour fading. Our old red Vectra faded a lot after 10 years outside and definitely looked a bit pink...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was charged £225 by the dealers for Supaguard inside (all seats and carpets) and body work including wheels plus you get a nice "case" which has a lot of Scotts products in it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I had Diamondbrite applied when I had my Corsa a few years back. I personally don't think it is worth the £200 or so price. I didn't notice it giving any better protection than if I washed and waxed the car myself. In fact I could never get my car as shiny as I wanted with the Diamondbrite on it. I eventually stripped it off.

I did have marginally better results on my partner's car - I applied it myself and it was quite shiny, but still not as good as a proper clean, polish and wax IMHO.

The key difference with a DIY job and one that is professionally done is that you won't get the warranty if you do it yourself.

Now, I do think that the interior protection is quite good. I have bought some cans of that and will apply it to interior fabric, mats and boot in order to protect it all. Then I will clean and polish the car and put a wax on it. The wax should last a few months and keep the car shiny and looking new.

The choice is yours and I'd be interested to know what you decide to do and why. ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
For £450 my dealer did Diamond Brite on the paintwork, Scotchguard inside, proper bootliner, mudflaps and proper astra mats.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the helpful replies.

I'm thinking Diamondbrite may not be worthwhile, but keen to hear other views.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.