Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the new Astra and plan to get one soon but I just missed out on the scrappage allowance. I love this forum too - thanks to everybody for answering my questions - you're more knowledgable than my local dealers!

What kind of deals have people been getting from dealers? I'd be interested to know what kind of discount you managed to haggle or your price, model and extras please?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's great news - thanks. Do you know if it is the same deal as before?
I.e. £2000 off including £400 dealer contribution.
That explains why Free Fuel Offer says, "Cannot be used with scrappage scheme".

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi all,

So the best deal I am looking at is a mixture of:

- VX Free Fuel (until 11th Jan)
- VX Partners Scheme
- VX Web Voucher

Is there any other reductions around? Trying to get the monthly payments down just a little bit more.

·
Registered
32 Posts
SwissTJ said:
VX are changing the way Partners works, too - best talk to your dealer, they should now be aware of the details.
You weren't kidding! Had a phone call from the VX dealership that I have been talking to and they've told me that they are now going from a percentage based discount to a flat rate. So I was looking around £1,200 discount before, that's now dropped to £300 from what I can understand :cry: but I will confirm on Saturday after having another meeting with them.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I was told the same by two dealers: from 1 January Partner discount is dropping from 6% of total list price, inc options, to a flat £300. Only option is to order today as some dealers are offering the old Partner discount in conjunction with the new, yet to be officially announced, £2,000 scrappage/swappage discount that starts on 1st January.

My £250 Vauxhall web discount voucher expires today and dealers tell me it may not continue next year but I suspect it may.

As far as I can tell the new scrappage deal has a £100 dealer contribution which is less than the £400 dealer contribution in the previous scrappage scheme which may leave more room for an extra dealer discount.

I got a local dealer quote £1,000 off list price using https://www.carwow.co.uk but need to check I can combine with scrappage and partner's discount.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm hoping to get £4,550 discount in total: £1,300 partner discount, £2,000 scrappage, £250 web voucher and £1,000 dealer discount. Need to confirm the dealer discount is in conjunction with other discounts though.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Please let us know if you hear any more about Partnership or other discounts.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Another option is https://www.uk-car-discount.co.uk which is quoting £18,160 for a 1.4T SRi with £2,000 of extras - a saving £2,460.

Unlike carwow which finds the best dealer quote you need to deal with this site directly and they don't offer any other discounts although they do say the car is delivered to your door by a dealer and you don't pay the balance until you've inspected the car.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Aye, new Partners' rates start tomorrow, as does the Scrappage - not sure how a dealer would combine the old & new - if you order today, you get the marketing programmes that apply today i.e. bigger Partners discount but no Scrappage, unless the dealer is funding it off their own bat.
Q1 Recycling Allowance offered under Vauxhall Scrappage Scheme, is made up of the following elements:
Scrap value of trade in (customer contribution) £100
Vauxhall Scrappage Allowance. £1,400
Retailer Scrappage Allowance. £500
Total Recycling Allowance £2,000

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In all cases your warranty is covered by any Vauxhall dealer, so no problem buying from further afield.

·
Registered
411 Posts
"I'm hoping to get £4,550 discount in total: £1,300 partner discount, £2,000 scrappage, £250 web voucher and £1,000 dealer discount."

Partner discount - if you order today
Scrappage - not available as a VX programme, ended Dec 15th
Web Voucher - yup
£1000 dealer discount - if he gives you that, he'll be selling the car at a loss to hit his target, which also ends today.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SwissTJ said:
not sure how a dealer would combine the old & new - if you order today, you get the marketing programmes that apply today
Yes, I know but two dealers are telling me they can offer the new £2000 scrappage deal that starts tomorrow in conjunction with the 6% partners deal that ends today and one told me they had just confirmed with Vauxhall head-office after initially saying they couldn't be combined. They may be doing the discount themselves but that's not what they're telling me. Difficult to be sure though - I'm hearing different things from different dealers.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just heard that in addition to the £2000 scrappage allowance there is a new "Vauxhall Registration allowance of £750 coming in January which makes up for the reduced Partnership deal. I don't have any more details yet though.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've just ordered an SRi Nav 1.4T Turbo (150PS) with these extras from a local dealer and got this cracking deal. Note Partner discount reduces from 6% to fixed £300 on 1 Jan 2016.

Astra SRi Nav1.4i Turbo 150ps, solid red £19,645 list price (inc petrol etc)
  • Parking Pack with front/rear sensors and rear camera £595
  • Intellilux headlights £995
  • Winter Pack: Heated seats and steering wheel £345
  • Sunroof £500
  • Climate control £395
  • Powerflex bar and phone holder £85

Total list price £22,560

Discounts:
  • Partner discount £300
  • Vauxhall Registration Allowance £750 (available on SRi, Elite and Techline models if not using Vauxhall finance)
  • New scrappage allowance £2000
  • Dealer discount £1960
  • Vauxhall web voucher £250
Total discount: £5,260

Total Price to Change Car £17,300

Not sure whether it helps to be ordering on the last day of the quarter and the year - some people say it does but dealers tell me the targets and bonuses only depend on registrations, not orders.

Three other local dealers were quoting £1500-2000 more initially but did get very close to this price after some haggling, so it's not a one-off and definitely worth shopping around and haggling.

I'm really pleased with this and hope it helps anybody who is about to buy.

Apologies if you've paid more but you're probably enjoying your car already and have the pleasure of being one of the first to own a New Astra - they do look great.

Thanks for all your help and advice folks - it's been really useful.

EDIT 9 Jan: I've just updated this with correct pricing. It's an even better deal than I thought as I assumed 2016 list prices must be lower but turns out their not.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The Vaxuhall web site and the Partners web site are still showing the old pricing and discounts - no details of new pricing or discount schemes yet. (New Year's Day 9am).

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The Vauxhall web site still has nothing about the scrappage scheme being re-introduced but some dealers' web sites are now showing the details: http://www.sonningcommonvauxhall.com/new-car-offers/think-you-cant-afford-a-new-car/

The offer applies to Astra and some other new Vauxhalls ordered from 1st January 2016 and registered by 31 March 2016. That's a pretty tight window - I ordered on 31st and was told delivery would be third week in March so only just in the window. By the time Vauxhall publish the details it may be too late to order a factory build model...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts