Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This site is getting really popular and comes out near the top in a Google search.

We've got nearly 300 registered members now, with around 10 new members registering each week and probably quite a few followers who haven't registered. I suspect we're buying over 200 cars which represents over £3 million in purchases, if not more.

Between us we've got a lot of technical expertise and we're doing some detailed fault finding, into things like the fuel gauge errors. This site is also pretty good publicity for Vauxhall and the passion and enthusiasm is probably helping to shift quite a few cars, and extras. Certainly reading enthusiastic posts about upgrades and options has probably persuaded many of us to get extras we wouldn't otherwise have bought.

I'm wondering if one of us could approach Vauxhall on behalf of the forum with the aim of contacting somebody senior in their UK product team. We'd obviously have to manage it very sensibly and try to offer helpful criticism and feedback in return for information.

It might not be possible, and we might not get a lot back but I'm thinking it's worth a try, with Rob's agreement of course, and it could be mutually beneficial.

I know many large companies do read and participate in forums - I often communicate with customers on behalf of a large company.

I'm thinking it would help raise issues over faults like the fuel gauge and possibly leaky tail lights. We could tell Vauxhall to correct their price guide/spec to show that Intellilux lights include the Driver Assistance Pack - making it more likely that purchases will upgrade given the option is more attractive than it appears.

What do you think? Do you know of any similar car forums who've done this?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Excellent idea.

The only Forum I know that is affiliated with Vauxhall is VXRonline.

There are a few companies that give discounts to online forums these are one off the top of my head.

Adrian Flux car insurance
Chris Knott car insurance
Autovaux genuine parts

·
Registered
495 Posts
When I use to belong to signed up membership on Astra-sport many years ago as a paid member we got Vauxhall discount on parts and accessories was well worth the £10 membership fee

·
Registered
280 Posts
Think this is a great idea. Suspect that Vauxhall will have someone watching the forum anyway!

Wouldn't hurt them to give a discount voucher to forum members! I got a discount off the car for having a Costco card!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Razormatt said:
When I use to belong to signed up membership on Astra-sport many years ago as a paid member we got Vauxhall discount on parts and accessories was well worth the £10 membership fee
Clubs that are members of the VBOA (Vauxhall, Bedford, Opel Association) get Vauxhall Trade Club, so members can get discounts on certain parts through some Vauxhall dealers. This can work well, but with some dealers it can still be a problem getting the discount, even if they are part of the Trade Club scheme. I believe that there aren't too many now who are Trade Club though.

·
Administrator
149 Posts
This sounds like a good idea, its usually customer support / marketing teams that check in on the forums though rather than anyone technical but I'm sure they would know who to contact etc.

I can drop them an email and see about finding out what our options are and if we can get someone officially involved with us.

I'd not heard of the VBOA before but can certainly read up on them too.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Rob - that would be great. I'm happy to help if you need any support.

Thanks for setting up the forum - it's grown from strength to strength and it's good to see so many new people registering.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just to confirm that following the reading of a number of great posts in the forum I went back to my dealer an ordered around £1200 of upgrades that I previously hadn't considered.
Goes to show that clearly the site does have some influence on Vauxhall sales :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
As somebody who works for a Vauxhall dealer in Service I can see the positive impact this forum is having already.

Vauxhall have launched an internal investigation into the fuel gauge reading issues on the Astra K. I've detailed the information on the fuel gauge post itself.

I spoke to our local Technical Field Manager about this forum only the other week and he agreed that the gathering of information on reported faults was important. However he did urge any of you with concerns to discuss it with your dealer too. If they raise a case with Vauxhall Technical it will get investigated by engineers at their end which will in turn lead to a fix.

It's a brilliant car and probably the best Vauxhall have produced in a long time - and the majority are made in Britain! :)

·
Registered
856 Posts
ArcanumFox said:
I spoke to our local Technical Field Manager about this forum only the other week and he agreed that the gathering of information on reported faults was important. However he did urge any of you with concerns to discuss it with your dealer too. If they raise a case with Vauxhall Technical it will get investigated by engineers at their end which will in turn lead to a fix.
Hi

I've done just that regarding the fuel issue.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have spoken with Vauxhall to see if they would be willing to work alongside the forum and help support it. I explained the benefits to Vauxhall and there customers and this was there response.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts