Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my clutch failed in my Astra 1.4t 2016 plate. The pedal all of a sudden went loose and floppy while driving. I suspect the slave cylinder which is located within the gear box has failed. Due to the fact it's located within the gearbox I suspect the charges for having it fixed to be high.
Has anyone encountered this failure or one similar and how did you go on having it fixed.
I'm hoping to get some rough costs on the job so I can at least be mindful when they hit me with the bill.
Cheers, Tim.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
What a pain the slave is inside the box ! I had one go a couple of years back on a SEAT and that was on the outside so nice and easy. Have a look through other threads on here about 1.4t clutch pedal failures..

·
Registered
671 Posts
Well that was a surprise clutch was flat to the floor couldn't even engage a single gear stuck on a roundabout and even had the break clutch recall done last year and it decides to give now first time had get breakdown out

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
danh23 said:
Like I said mine was done last year
Well the warranty on the parts they replaced would still be valid would it not.

Get them to look at it and if they replace anything you had replaced last year, then it must be a warranty issue.

Have read that some people have had this problem, and that it probably is because they did not flush the system of old, metal-contaminated fluid when they did it the first time and the metal pieces from the old brake cylinder has now destroyed the clutch slave cylinder seals once again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My clutch pedal had issues last june. It started one day when it dropped to the floor but I could flick it back up with my foot and continue driving. It still felt weak and not so springy. I took it to the dealer and had to pay £80 to get it looked at since I was 2 months out of warranty. I was told it would be around £1000 to fix. The next day I phoned Vauxhall myself and explained this should not be happening with only 20000 miles done. Vauxhall told me to take it back to the dealer and they would discuss the findings. To my delight I was told Vauxhall would fix it F.O.C since it was only 2 months out of warranty. The guy at Vauxhall was first class to deal with. I also got my £80 refunded. The repair was described as SUPPLIED AND FITTED CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER, ELBOW PIPE AND SLAVE.

1.4 150 petrol elite 2016.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi has anyone had this issue resolved had the clutch replaced master cylinder replaced fault still there Vauxhall have been a nightmare wanting £1500 even though I’ve only had the car a year I’m at my wits end with it

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
Hi has anyone had this issue resolved had the clutch replaced master cylinder replaced fault still there Vauxhall have been a nightmare wanting £1500 even though I’ve only had the car a year I’m at my wits end with it
Welcome to the forum.
How old is your car and do you have any warranty on it still left?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had my 2017 1.4t Astra a few months in that time the clutch pedal has stuck down twice
I contacted Vauxhall & was told that although there wasn't a recall there is a technical service bulletin that says that it can be fixed for free or at a reduced price depending on service history & mileage
I mentioned this to my local dealer who fixed it for free in 2 days
Hope this helps others as some have paid £700+

1 - 10 of 10 Posts