Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of curiosity, has anyone on here had any experience ordering a vehicle through CarWow? They seem to have pretty good reviews online and the dealer I am currently speaking with seems to be quite helpful.

The dealer has also given me about an 8.7% discount on the spec I want and offered a decent part ex for my car (slightly more than I expected actually). Does that sound about right or should I be seeing if I can get a bit more?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Depends how desperate the dealer is to hit his Q1 target - one more retail car means one less pre-reg to do, so you might be able to squeeze him a bit more. Having said that I believe he has to pay CarWow for the introduction so he might squeal a bit...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi.

I have used car wow to get some quotes on an Astra Elite Nav 1.4 Auto with £3,500 worth of extras. The total list price was £25250 and the cheapest quote I have had is £22,910 (on 0% Finance). I called into my local dealer today who can do a deal at £23,290 and offered me £7000 p/x on my 2012 Astra J Elite. I am actually wondering whether to now personal lease a car through Nationwide car leasing as their deals seem excellent and you don't have to worry about a p/x at the end of your contract. To make my decision even tougher the garage have just phoned to say my Astra J has failed it's MOT as both rear coil springs are broken so it's a £250 service and £240 for new springs!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that @SwissTJ. I will see what they can do for me. As a matter of interest, from what I have been able to find out, CarWow charges a flat fee for each car sold - apparently in the region of £250 or so. As a dealer, would you compete with a CarWow quote or are the prices there way too low?

@Daddydoug - oh no! An expensive repair bill is not what you need when you're considering purchasing a new car. I hope that doesn't affect you getting it! I am quite impressed by the price you were quoted on CarWow- over 9% is pretty darn good!

I did consider leasing but I don't think it is for me. I also looked at PCP but can't quite get my head around it so, if I go ahead, I'll probably opt for 0% finance!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Check our this thread for more examples of dealer discount and other good deals, including scrappage allowance and Partner's Discount (for employees of Tesco, BT and dozens of other companies).

·
Registered
4 Posts
daddydoug said:
Hi.

I have used car wow to get some quotes on an Astra Elite Nav 1.4 Auto with £3,500 worth of extras. The total list price was £25250 and the cheapest quote I have had is £22,910 (on 0% Finance). I called into my local dealer today who can do a deal at £23,290 and offered me £7000 p/x on my 2012 Astra J Elite. I am actually wondering whether to now personal lease a car through Nationwide car leasing as their deals seem excellent and you don't have to worry about a p/x at the end of your contract. To make my decision even tougher the garage have just phoned to say my Astra J has failed it's MOT as both rear coil springs are broken so it's a £250 service and £240 for new springs!
I got mine through Nationwide Vehicle Contracts on a personal lease, price was great even with the high mileage that I do. The only disappointing thing is that the finance company they used to fund the car won't allow me to use OnStar as they have concerns about Vauxhall/GM collecting data. It's not confined to OnStar, they've also said no to the equivalent Mercedes/Jaguar service too and I understand many finance companies are adopting the same policy. So best check that if you're going to go down that route.

·
Registered
411 Posts
As a dealer, would you compete with a CarWow quote or are the prices there way too low?
We'll always have a go! Feel free to send me the figures and I'll get the sales guys to have a look and see where we can get to.

Send as a direct message if you prefer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for that John. The Nationwide deals do look good and a lot better rates than other leasing companies. I am very much looking towards getting my next car that way so I don't have to worry about part exchanges in the future, as I always find that bit the biggest bugbear.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SwissTJ said:
We'll always have a go! Feel free to send me the figures and I'll get the sales guys to have a look and see where we can get to.

Send as a direct message if you prefer.
Thanks for the offer SwissTJ - I was more asking from an interest point of view. I was curious as to whether CarWow prices were silly or if the dealers could actually compete. With the way everything seems to be moving towards the internet, prices on things seem to be taking a bit of a hammering. I was recently reading an article about how the internet is hurting the high street stores.

Daddydoug - it is interesting that you're considering leasing. Would PCP not potentially be a good option for you?

·
Registered
360 Posts
I used CarWow and got a few quotes but then got a much better deal by haggling and playing off one dealer against another. Since I bought from a dealer that had used CarWow, I'm eligible to claim a £20 Cashback from CarWow once I get my Astra.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UKtekkie said:
I'm eligible to claim a £20 Cashback from CarWow once I get my Astra.
I love my cashback... and try to get it for ever purchase I make!

·
Registered
463 Posts
I bought my car via carwow, I'd visited Bristol Street motors and Vauxhall now and got a decent discount via carwow as well as a nice friendly service, I collect the car next weekend, can't wait.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool! It is interesting to of people who have used CarWow. I ended up negotiating the same price with my local dealer who is 5 minutes down the road which saved me a 160 mile round trip to the CarWow dealer.

Not long now until you get your car - the countdown has begun for you! :D

·
Registered
463 Posts
The finance was the problem I didn't like the monthly figures I was quoted with the other 2 dealers, I have a 120mile round trip to pick it up which should be fun, I ordered it 20th Feb and collect 20th march, the drive back will give me a nice taste of its top end

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Proph said:
The finance was the problem I didn't like the monthly figures I was quoted with the other 2 dealers
Did you go for the Vauxhall 0% finance or get the car on PCP?

A month is a very good turn around time, I take it the dealer has been keeping you posted?

·
Registered
463 Posts
I went for hire purchase same as with my current astra J but GMAC the GM finance company they use wanted almost 5k upfront so I used Santander which has 5% APR I think but no upfront cost and affordable monthly.

When I ordered he said there were only 2 of the SRI NAV in white in the country so I was lucky

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is a lot of money upfront. I find it quite frustrating how sometimes GMAC can give you a good deal and other times they suck.

Good choice in colour then! ;)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yes I got my J on 0%APR £199 upfront £199 pm, the K is an extra £100pm but no upfront and 5%APR roughly I don't have paperwork to hand as I'm currently in Egypt on holiday, can't believe I'm looking forward to returning just because of the new car lol

·
Registered
463 Posts
There's only so much sun, swimming and cocktails I can handle, it's a 3 week holiday so I'm getting bored now, crazy I know.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts