Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my friend connected her iphone 4; my iphone 5 is not recognize by the system. Its not charging also.

Any idea about solution?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
James 33 said:
If it conects via the USB then I suspect it's that. Maybe dislodged a pin or 2.
You may be right but we tried also with another usb pırt at the service but result was same.

Im suspecting a software issue because we still can charge iphone 4.

I also cant connect any usb by the eay.

·
Registered
145 Posts
CarPlay is not supported on the iPhone 4. If you had an iPhone 5 plugged in with CarPlay, removed it and quickly inserted an iPhone 4 it may very well have caused a crash/bug in the system.

I would recommend unplugging any devices/cables. Turn the engine on. Go into the TouchScreen Settings and locate the option to Reset to Factory Settings. Reset the Infotainment/Touchscreen back to factory settings. This will remove any connection remaining with the iPhone 4. Ensure you're using a legitimate Apple USB cable and not 3rd party. Update your iPhone 5 to the latest iOS software and make sure CarPlay is enabled in the phone settings. Also make sure Siri is activated. Plug it back in via USB cable and try playing some music first and then maybe making a call.

Let me know the results. If it doesn't work I can raise a Technical Case on your behalf if you provide the vehicle chassis/mileage or alternatively I would recommend a visit to your Vauxhall/Opel dealer in Turkey. If Factory Reset does not work your dealer will be able to carry out re-programming of the radio unit that controls the Infotainment or replace your radio unit under the warranty on the vehicle.

·
Registered
798 Posts
ArcanumFox said:
CarPlay is not supported on the iPhone 4. If you had an iPhone 5 plugged in with CarPlay, removed it and quickly inserted an iPhone 4 it may very well have caused a crash/bug in the system.

I would recommend unplugging any devices/cables. Turn the engine on. Go into the TouchScreen Settings and locate the option to Reset to Factory Settings. Reset the Infotainment/Touchscreen back to factory settings. This will remove any connection remaining with the iPhone 4. Ensure you're using a legitimate Apple USB cable and not 3rd party. Update your iPhone 5 to the latest iOS software and make sure CarPlay is enabled in the phone settings. Also make sure Siri is activated. Plug it back in via USB cable and try playing some music first and then maybe making a call.

Let me know the results. If it doesn't work I can raise a Technical Case on your behalf if you provide the vehicle chassis/mileage or alternatively I would recommend a visit to your Vauxhall/Opel dealer in Turkey. If Factory Reset does not work your dealer will be able to carry out re-programming of the radio unit that controls the Infotainment or replace your radio unit under the warranty on the vehicle.
Good tips! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts