Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking to get an Astra k very soon. I've used the forum before to answer a few questions I have but have since thought of a couple more regarding CarPlay/android auto.
I currently use an iPhone 6+, i just love iPhones! I've previously had a Samsung note 3 and a htc desire a few years ago prior. I prefer the iPhone interface, but with android I love google maps. Currently on my iPhone I always opt to use google maps over apple maps because it's so much better! But by using CarPlay I won't be able to use google maps.
Is it possible to use my iPhone for music/audiobooks and get an additional android device to use google maps on the cars infotainment system?
I don't know how to get the best of both worlds!

G

·
You might be able to use the iPhone over Bluetooth for music/podcasts and the Android phone for the maps but it might require a little fiddling.

Android auto connects over Bluetooth automatically to enable the voice side of things to send texts, request directions etc. There's a chance you could connect Android auto and then go into the Bluetooth settings of the intellilink and manually select the iPhone to enable the music etc. Could be something you'd have to do each time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Can you stretch to getting a model with nav and then just use car play for your phone? The sat nav is decent and the the 8" screen and surround is far nicer than the 7", which non nav models come with.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Oooh I never thought of this. Great idea.

I too have an iPhone but prefer google maps.

You could connect your phone via Bluetooth to play music/audiobooks and connect an android device through the USB. And connect android device to cars wifi so won't even need a sim in it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts