Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my new Astra is in the garage. So how do I take care of it. Body wise.

What you guys use, shampoo, waxing? I heard good thing about auto glym.

Would you mind sharing your tips?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I use autoglym wash in winter. I tend to use Meguiers waterless wash and wax in the summer though as it's really quick and gives a great finish. I like autoglym bumper and trim gel for the black trim. Not got our Astra yet but the above have been used on our Mokka which I use for work. Hope that helps

·
Registered
92 Posts
Take my word for it when it comes to looking after your car. I am a Funeral Director so as you can imagine we have very expensive cars so we must look after them. Use a 2 bucket method and buy grit guards. One bucket is soapy the other is clean water. dunk in the soapy water wash car and rinse in clean bucket. I use autoglym shampoo and conditioner. There is just a shampoo which is foamy but the shampoo and conditioner isnt very foamy. I will claybar the vehicle also, then i will apply super resin polish. The resin fills in any gaps giving a nice smooth shine. I then top it off with autoglym hd wax and then seal the car with autoglym sealant. I no this sounds crazy and i only do the whole lot every 3 months but the results are excellent. I always use a 2 bucket method when washing and start from the top and work my way down. You will be surprised what u find at the bottom of your grit guards. If i can be any further help ask away!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I do the two bucket method above.

I use Mer polish followed by Mer wax. The wax can be tough to work off but worth it and will last for ages before having to re-apply.

I also use poor boys wheel sealant to protect the alloys, making the break dust and grime easy to wash off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.