Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all , i know many of you have had vauxhalls before and hoping to see what experience you guys have had with polish on carbon flash paintwork

i just washed the astra and took the water marks off with detail spray then gave it a coat of megs tekwax which ive been using woith great results on recent silver cars but it was very disapponting on the astra black paintwork so i took it all off with megs stage1 paint cleaner and found the megs stage 3 polish gave a reasonable result but as the carbon flash looks so great polished up in sunlight i want to make the most of it and will hardly be able to sleep with the knowledge that my polishing only looks reasonable in my own opinion

so researchng polishes for black cars and poorboys black hole looks agood bet but id like to hear what you guys have found works well on carbon flash

i usually use finishkare high temp sealant once im happy with the polish and ill try that on top of whatever polish i find works best once i get that far and in the past its been superb on dark paintwork

im not a fan of autoglym products tbh as i think theyre a bit old hat and megs basic stuff usually is far better as well as longer lasting

so what have you guys found works well ?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Try Soft99 Fusso, it should be even more long-lasting than Finish Kare Hi-Temp (FK1000P). Fusso is a Japanese high-tech sealant that can last up to 12 months. I've heard that it's easy to apply and easy to buff off.

But if deep shine is what you are after, maybe Dodo's natural waxes suit your needs better.

Edit: I had a black Astra H before and Megs NXT 2.0 tech wax was bit of a disappointment. It didn't last very long, after two months sheeting and beading were poor.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
otj said:
Try Soft99 Fusso, it should be even more long-lasting than Finish Kare Hi-Temp (FK1000P). Fusso is a Japanese high-tech sealant that can last up to 12 months. I've heard that it's easy to apply and easy to buff off.

But if deep shine is what you are after, maybe Dodo's natural waxes suit your needs better.

Edit: I had a black Astra H before and Megs NXT 2.0 tech wax was bit of a disappointment. It didn't last very long, after two months sheeting and beading were poor.
thanks for that i shall have a. google on. that ,, tbh i love finikare and it stays on for ages imo but is a bit labour intensive to apply

·
Registered
46 Posts
Check out the off topic area of forum look for car cleaning and detailing it was started by dreyp. There's some good stuff and ideas on there. Have fun cleaning and polishing. Farecla products are good have a look at my deep sky blue astra .

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
skybluenergy said:
Check out the off topic area of forum look for car cleaning and detailing it was started by dreyp. There's some good stuff and ideas on there. Have fun cleaning and polishing. Farecla products are good have a look at my deep sky blue astra .
will do - thankyou

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok tofinish this thread up

ordered some poorboys "black hole "

washed the car and dried with autoglym waterblade - never tried these before but very impressed

then gave it a go with stage 1 megs paint cleaner

then two coats of - black hole ,, this polish is a joy to work with an gave a beautiful finish and shine

then two coats of finishkare sealant - car is glowing now so can heartily give poorboys black hole a WOW as its truly excellent

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.