Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all.Quick Quiestion to all who have the turbo version.dose your car have the Turbo Badge on the rear.Drivers side as Iv seen the badge on some but missing on others.i have the turbo version but no badge just one on back left side saying Astra.and SRI on both front wings.just wondering why some have and some don't

·
Registered
856 Posts
Lock-N said:
Hi to all.Quick Quiestion to all who have the turbo version.dose your car have the Turbo Badge on the rear.Drivers side as Iv seen the badge on some but missing on others.i have the turbo version but no badge just one on back left side saying Astra.and SRI on both front wings.just wondering why some have and some don't
Hi

Originally the 1.6T 200 didn't have a turbo badge but I think they are now fitting a red one from comments I've see on the forum. Mine only has the Astra badge on the left.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
48 Posts
My 1.6T 200 petrol has a red 'turbo' badge on the back. Will take that & the Astra badge off at some point though!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Wouldn't you rather not have the turbo badge and then at the lights you will surprise three hell out of the boy racer that fancies he will beat you in a drag race lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
Proph said:
Wouldn't you rather not have the turbo badge and then at the lights you will surprise three hell out of the boy racer that fancies he will beat you in a drag race lol
I used to have a Zafira B Turbo (200bhp) which had the turbo badge missing. It was a Design so didn't even have the SRI body kit to suggest of its potency, so used surprise a great number of boy racers and knobbers in BMWs and Audis.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi it's not that I want one is a Quiestion why some have and some don't.Is it Vauxhall or dealership not putting them on because reading this post most have them fitted so Iv contacted Vauxhall to ask why some have the badge.When I was purchasing mine the cars in the showroom had them so I'm guessing it's a cost saving measure or its just luck of the draw.Iv checked Ebay and prices starts at 99p to £15 Vauxhall ones around £12 so why if an owner wants one should we pay.And the only way to tell the 1.6 T is the twin tail pipes

·
Registered
12 Posts
I look at it,its part of the car on the vauxhall website it has a Turbo badge, I like to keep the car as they come off the prodution line, so have asked the dealership to supply and fit, as it a brand new car and should have it, they have ordered one and will fit end of this week if it turns up in time.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi hear is the reply Iv had from Vauxhall

Dear Mr Ness
This is not a mandatory requirement for the model, there was a small number of vehicles manufactured with this badge, however, most of them do not come with this item.
I hope this information is of use to you.
If you need any further assistance please respond to me via email or by contacting me on 0800 026 0034.
When I seen the Astra K in the showroom it had the badge and all the cars Iv seen have the badge so I'm being Fobbed of by someone who knows nothing about what should and shouldn't be has to get advice from the tech dept so now I'm on a mission to find out why my car was missed out.Might be the person who fits them can do so if he feels like it

·
Registered
856 Posts
Lock-N said:
Hi hear is the reply Iv had from Vauxhall

Dear Mr Ness
This is not a mandatory requirement for the model, there was a small number of vehicles manufactured with this badge, however, most of them do not come with this item.
I hope this information is of use to you.
If you need any further assistance please respond to me via email or by contacting me on 0800 026 0034.
When I seen the Astra K in the showroom it had the badge and all the cars Iv seen have the badge so I'm being Fobbed of by someone who knows nothing about what should and shouldn't be has to get advice from the tech dept so now I'm on a mission to find out why my car was missed out.Might be the person who fits them can do so if he feels like it
Hi

As I've already mentioned mine doesn't have the badge and all the 1.6t (200) I've seen photos of until recently didn't have the turbo badge. I'm quite happy without it.

Was the car in the showroom a 1.6t (200) ? If not then you are not comparing apples with apples.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi The car in the showroom was a 1.6T and 2 in there forecourt they had the badge and when I was in Evenshalshaw.1.6T had one so it lust be luck of the draw some have & some don't.Im waiting for another reply from Vauxhall as I'm not happy with there reply

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you it's the 1.6T 200bhp that seems to be the problem with. some cars have the badge but a why have some been left out and not got one fitted.So Far Myself and another member done have the badge so any 1.6T 200bhp do you have a Turbo Badge there is also another member but his dealership has ordered one for him

·
Registered
15 Posts
Interesting that you all debate for a missing badge and I have ordered mine to remove all the badges from the rear (it was an option) . From my point of view it is better without - it helps washing or waxing the car. I don't really need for everyone to know what I have under my hood :D

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just had a message from Vauxhall and getting the badge supplied at my local dealer.Free of charge .I Also don't care if folk know or don't know what Iv got under the bonnet.Had I wanted I could have got a badge of EBay 99p it's why do they fit to some and leave out others. All Turbo versions should have the badge then folk like myself would not have anything to moan about..You only have to check out the rear tail pipes and you will know it's a car with a bit of get up and go so the badge is only words saying Turbo and I'm not sure if I'll fit the badge.But it's there to put on when I decide to sell

1 - 20 of 27 Posts