Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any owners comment on the build quality of their vehicles? Interior fit and finish, and panel gaps and alignment? All ok?

I must admit I was surprised that Vauxhall have mentioned 'British built' as much as they have. Are we good at assembling cars now?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Overall I'm impressed with the build quality. I've owned a lot of cars over the years and it's definitely a well built car, but will it stand up to the test of time? for the answer to that we will need to wait and see.

For what is essentially a middle class family hatchback it is a very well built car and a nice place to be.

Its certainly not as good as some of the BMW's I've owned and driven in the past but it also doesn't come with a BMW price tag.

For me it comes down to the old saying of "you get what you pay for" and for what I paid I'm very happy with what I have.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Mine seems very good, I did have a trim cap missing from the interior C post, but that's been sorted. I do think British factories have got an excellent reputation these days. Don't forget that Opel GM kept Ellesmere Port open and closed Bochum in Germany instead, so they must be doing something right.

·
Registered
411 Posts
We have three Astra K's on the fleet, all diesels. Combined mileage so far is just shy of 12,000 miles and we have zero reported faults with average fuel consumption of 58mpg, 61mpg & 62mpg.

Having just done an end of month appraisal, I can confirm that there are no bits hanging off, nothing has broken, and all the tech continues to operate as expected. There are also no stone chips and other than fuel, the only thing added to any of them has been screenwash.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I've done 1600 miles got 3 stone chips calculated consumption is 52mpg trip computer says 62mpg. I've had the centre console and door cards off doing retrofits and haven't had any rattles after rebuilding.

Apart from the fuelling issue everything else seems good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.