Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker, first time poster :cool:

Has anyone else had a problem with the USB port in the center armrest. I've checked the fuse and anything obvious. It seems that the USB port itself is the problem.

A connected device does not take a charge (tried multiple device and USB cables), I will try a powered USB hub later to see if that helps at all. Perhaps the data pins are still fine.

Just thought I'd leave this here in case anyone else was having issues. I was booked in for a fix this morning but there was a mixup (they hadn't properly booked it in) so now I have to go back next Monday :roll:

I will post back here when I have a solution / more info.

Edit: Sorry I should have been more clear, data transfer doesn't work either. USB port is defective

·
Registered
770 Posts
I didn't think that the USB port in the centre armrest did charge - it is just for MP3 connections? The ones in the back of the Elite charge I think but you'd need to ask an Elite owner.

Haven't tried anything that needs charging as I've finally got my MP3 USB stick to play tracks in the order I want them to! :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
nsanderson said:
I didn't think that the USB port in the centre armrest did charge - it is just for MP3 connections? The ones in the back of the Elite charge I think but you'd need to ask an Elite owner.

Haven't tried anything that needs charging as I've finally got my MP3 USB stick to play tracks in the order I want them to! :)
The USB in the armrest should charge - I'm not sure at what output though. The rear ones are definitely 2.1A as it says so in the manual. Even at 1A it should be an improvement from the J which doesn't seem to charge my iPhone 6+ at all!

I did read somewhere though that you can't charge whilst using android auto.

G

·
I've been using Android Auto in the centre armrest with my OnePlus Two and can confirm that it does charge my phone, albeit fairly slowly. That's while using maps and music at the same time too. The rate at which it charges can vary phone to phone though. A lot of top of the range Android phones have big batteries in them, 3000mAh or above so they are going to take a bit longer to juice up.

G

·
And a tip for you Android Auto folks, you can download areas for offline usage on Google maps so if you're in a poor connection area then you don't have to wait ages for the map to download :).

·
Registered
280 Posts
KevWak said:
On the charging subject;
Mine charges my iPhone 6 pretty quick even with maps in use and linked to onstar wifi.
Mine does both my iPhone and my work Samsung with no problem. Just need to make sure you are using the manufacturers cables though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It charged fine the first couple of times I used it. All USB ports must put out power in order to work (I don't know of any USB slave devices that provide their own power but I could be wrong). I now don't get any data or power through the cable.

I'm thinking they used a bad connector (not their fault, it happens) and after a couple of uses one of the pins has come loose or something. I wish I had used a USB extension lead now and just left it plugged in but living is learning. I will certainly do this once it is fixed (very bad positioning anyway if you ask me).

Thanks for all your quick responses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts