Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Got my new car yesterday but have a couple of questions. I went for the Elite Nav so no Android Auto right now, so next best thing is Bluetooth. What I'm finding is if i'm streaming Spotify over Bluetooth it continually disconnects then after a few seconds re-connects, continues playing the song for another few minutes then disconnects/reconnects over and over. If however I've got both Spotify and something like Waze running the Bluetooth stays connected all the time, not one drop out. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. I thought maybe it's the phone but I have a Bluetooth speaker which I stream Spotify to without issue. Does anyone else use Bluetooth to stream music and have the same issue?
:(

·
Registered
107 Posts
somervillearron said:
mine is a elite non nav

my bluetooth always reconects and asks if the codes match!

dont know what it is really possibly a software update will fix it soon!
The nav system is completely different to the BYOM2 infotainment system so I'd say the 2 issues aren't related. I do think VX are aware of issues in the BYOM2 software and are looking to remedy it in the future.

Not sure what the issue is with your Nav unit though OP, I'm hoping I don't run into similar issues when i get mine, although I'll probably be more inclined to use carplay instead as that has spotify integration.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I have a work phone which is an LG G3. That connects over Bluetooth without issue and never drops out.

The android versions are both 5 so it's probably some incompatibility with the Samsung software.

I'm sure I read somewhere on here that the infotainment unit is made by LG anyway.

So I'm happy for now, and will patiently await the anticipated but unconfirmed android auto update!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts