Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I've been looking at the internet for a while now and I can't seem to find any brake upgrade kits for the Astra K?
Am I rubbish at searching or isn't there anything out there yet?

I want to fit some 356mm discs and other calipers, any ideas?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I recall reading somewhere that the 1.6T and bi-turbo has larger discs than the other models but I doubt they are as big as 356mm.

Edit: found it on one of the spec sheets. 300mm discs on the 1.6T and bi-turbo v 276mm on all other models. Rears are 288mm v 264mm.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I don't have good news for you. Because of unpopular PCD of 5x105, there are not many options there.
The only ones I stumbled on are PB brakes.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I thought that much, haven't been able to find any myself, but I'm still hoping, thanks anyway guys.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Pd brakes are quite good, lot of guys from bmw forums tracks car with them, seems to perform well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've looked at PB brake website, and they surely have some nice looking brakes kits in there.
I put together a kit for a Astra J (PDC 5x105) and it will set me back around 3K, but I need to contact them to see if any of their kits will fit on the Astra K and will work with the E-brake.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yes, that's the sort of pricing you have to face. Question is -do you need back ones upgraded as well? Weight distribution is around 67% towards front anyway and basic brake bias is 80-20 for the front.
If you do it mostly for cosmetic purposes, then please forget my question. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's mostly because of the looks :D
Put 19"s on the car and it make the brakes look a little small unfortunately.
So I would need some brakes that just fit inside my 18" winter tyres.

I'm not to worried about the price, as long as I can achive the look I'm after, but it seems a little hard on the brake side of things ;)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yeah, I am thinking about it as well. Something to take into consideration - putting more/bigger pistons could alter greatly brake pedal travel/behaviour as you are changing system capacity. If you doing only front, shouldn't be too bad if you are doing front only, with the whole system, change might be noticeable.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've had the same thought, so I will be contacting PB brakes to hear what they have to say in this matter.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm considering 356mm floating discs with 6 pod powder coated calibers in front and
330mm floating discs with 6 pod power coated calibers in the rear.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.