Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ordering my Astra k this week but still can't decide on a colour.

I know I'm going for at elite 1.4t with 18 inch wheels but I can't decide between the deep sky blue and carbon flash(black).

I have a black Astra j at the moment.

Opinions and pictures would be super appreciated :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sovereign silver, haha. It hides the dirt and dust very good, unlike the blue sky and the carbon flash one. Also, the black details of the car (floating roof and the black around the windows) are expressed excellent, as good as on the red one. I was in the same dilemma, an after seeing every colour (clean & dirty), I went for the sovereign silver. Check out the Members Gallery for pictures from users. Also you can check out german forum of Astra K, they also have decent gallery. :)

G

·
White! I think it highlights the black features of the car the best. I like pretty much any colour I've seen on it though!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
These are my personal views

I had a Power Red Astra GTC and a Carbon Flash VXR, I've got back to Power Red.

I really like Power Red, Carbon Flash was is really nice colour when it's clean but does show the dirt/dust easily. Emerald green looks good but not seen it in the flesh, I'm not keen on Blue cars unless its a VXR colour, Silver hides the dirt well and minor paint chips are easily covered, White looks good and only really show the dirt once you start cleaning it stone chips don't show up.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've got a carbon Flash GTC. I love the colour ... When it is clean. It annoys me immensely that it shows dirt so easily. You will be forever cleaning it. Also the black shows up scratches and swirls in the paint a lot more than other colours in my opinion.

Red is my colour of choice because I have always wanted a red car. It'll look fantastic once I have polished it and given a few coatings of wax. I think it looks kinda sporty.

My partner has opted for the White. Having seen one at the shops the other day, it's a lovely colour. If you opt for this, you need to make sure you maintain the black trim so you get that nice contrast.

Those are the colours I would look at and the upsides / downsides to them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Carbon flash was my choice! a pain to clean, but black looks so good when it is clean!

·
Registered
325 Posts
MarcR said:
You guys are all wrong!!!!!!

Deep Sky Blue without question especially when the sun is on it.
Yes, deep sky is something special, but only in the sun.. However, if it's cloudy or at night, I'm afraid it loses that strength.. I was really into it, but when I saw the silver one in the night and during the day, it looked much better to me than the deep sky one. Check out this thread: http://www.astrakforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=499

To be honest, I think the most difficult thing is deciding the colour, since the choice is really solid. Car looks great in almost every colour, and in the end it is just a matter of taste of the buyer. :)

·
Registered
360 Posts
We had a black car in the 90's and hated it as it got so ridiculously hot in sunshine. It didn't have air-con so maybe it's less of a problem these days but I still reckon it will be hotter when you first get in and will make the air con work harder. Like white it shows the dirt too.

I was a bit disappointed with the Astra K colour options which are mostly grey or quite dark. We had a very nice cyan Cavalier that was quite bright and I've seen some really good bright blues from Vauxhall in the past.

For me red was an easy choice and I think it looks really nice. It's an intense and bright red and I'd argue it's the most visible on dull days so you get a safety benefit. I'd have gone for metallic red if available but it looks very shiny and reflective as it is.

Power red is the obvious choice if you want a nice boot liner with colour-matched carpet too... ;-)

Disclaimer: like 10% of males I suffer from red/green colour blindness so my family never let me choose the colour of anything - I managed to sneak the car in when they weren't looking... :geek:

·
Registered
331 Posts
@SwissTJ - do you have any pics of the Royal Blue? I am yet to see any (but that could be because the colour isn't that popular)

·
Registered
325 Posts
drey_p said:
@SwissTJ - do you have any pics of the Royal Blue? I am yet to see any (but that could be because the colour isn't that popular)
There is one picture in the Members Gallery. You can ask that user if he would like to post some more pictures, since I don't think many people will choose and order that colour tbh.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Irishastrak said:
I'm ordering my Astra k this week but still can't decide on a colour.

I know I'm going for at elite 1.4t with 18 inch wheels but I can't decide between the deep sky blue and carbon flash(black).

I have a black Astra j at the moment.

Opinions and pictures would be super appreciated :)
I would also advice you to go for 17'' inch wheels, those 18'' are uncomfy a bit..

·
Registered
360 Posts
I think that's good advice. The outer tyre diameter doesn't change so 18" wheels have 1" less tyre thickness than 17" wheels resulting in a firmer ride.

I'd have gone for 16" but they're only available on Design etc and not SRi/Elite.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm absolutely loving the look of the Flip Chip Silver, although I think it's a strange name. It looks more like a Glacier Blue to me. I think that's what I'm going to go for when I eventually pull the trigger on a purchase.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts