Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am an owner of one of the highest mileage astra k fitted with this engine I think.
It is the 150 HP version and it has 267k km on the odometer.
Bought it at 260k km, car had a service at every 15k km, everything running fine. The owner told me that he changed the timing chain at least once, but couldn't find it in the service book.
What is the timing chain replacement interval for these engines? I couldn't find anything.
No chain rattle for now.
Car was fitted 2 times with dexos 2 oil and then the rest was only dexos 1 gen 2. Car is running perfectly fine with no problems

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
There is no recommended interval for a chain change in the service schedule,in theory it's on there for life,in reality listen for rattles then get it done before it jumps a tooth or two.

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
Hello! I am an owner of one of the highest mileage astra k fitted with this engine I think.
It is the 150 HP version and it has 267k km on the odometer.
Bought it at 260k km, car had a service at every 15k km, everything running fine. The owner told me that he changed the timing chain at least once, but couldn't find it in the service book.
What is the timing chain replacement interval for these engines? I couldn't find anything.
No chain rattle for now.
Car was fitted 2 times with dexos 2 oil and then the rest was only dexos 1 gen 2. Car is running perfectly fine with no problems
Very impressive mileage, so it's covered 165,000 miles? Original engine?
As stated above with regards to the timing chain. I've ran my 1.4t now for 18 months, on E10 or 95 ron fuel without any issues. Although I've not covered 20k yet:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very impressive mileage, so it's covered 165,000 miles? Original engine?
As stated above with regards to the timing chain. I've ran my 1.4t now for 18 months, on E10 or 95 ron fuel without any issues. Although I've not covered 20k yet:ROFLMAO:
Yes, this is the same engine. The car was ordered at the Opel dealership in Arad, Romania. The only thing that went bad after 4000 km after I bought the car was the catalytic converter, which I had to replace. Sold the old one for 100 euros and the "new one" took from a crashed 60 k km astra k costed me 350 euros. But I guess it's normal for a 260k km car

1 - 4 of 4 Posts