Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new member as just bought a 2016 1.4 turbo tech line and the auto wipers do not work in reverse. Have used the cars computer system to switch this off and on but no joy. Was wondering if this can easily be fixed without taking it back to the showroom who sold me the car on Monday. The rear jets also don't work at all, not sure if these issues are linked

·
Registered
917 Posts
The rear auto wipe only works when you select reverse and the front wipers are on,is that how you're trying it ?
Are the front washers working ok,and can you hear the washer motor working when you select rear washer ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks that now makes sense why rears don't work. Didnt realise it only happened when fronts were active. Re tge jets, front ones fine, makes all the right noises but nothing comes out, plenty of water in the resovior and used normal unblocking methods but not a drop comes out.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Because of the reports made on here in the past, I would stop trying the rear washer until you've checked around the passenger side footwell for any dampness. I would also remove the glove box and have a really good look around the BCM area behind there for fluid as well. I'll see if I can find the thread(s) but basically, there's a joint in the rear wash feed pipe around this area and it has been known to part if it freezes. This basically results in the rear washer spraying fluid over the BCM which you obviously don't want.

Hopefully it's summat totally different but it's better to be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I was just going to post much the same lol

·
Registered
825 Posts
Ha ! you beat me to the link Valer. I did find THIS one as well which seems to have a couple o'pics in it. All helps I guess. (y)

Reactions: Valer

·
Registered
825 Posts
It reminds me, i must get a stronger screenwash concentration in before much longer ;)
Not really hijacking the thread I hope (as the OP will need some eventually) but I've been using that Prestone ultimate stuff since I got the 1600 and I really rate it. Tesco do it pretty damn cheap as well and they will deliver it with the rest of the shopping (y)

I've been using a 50% mix all year round coz i hardly ever use the car so it lasts me ages. Doesn't seem to have gone "off" at all either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, this forum is great. As I only bought it this week think I'll take it back for the dealer to sort out, not really confident in pulling my car to bits. Other than this fault, so far this model of astra is a great car to have.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Thanks guys, this forum is great. As I only bought it this week think I'll take it back for the dealer to sort out, not really confident in pulling my car to bits. Other than this fault, so far this model of astra is a great car to have.
Hopefully it'll be summat minor and the dealer will sort it out quickly. Boroboy will be along in a minute (I hope coz i can't remember - lol) to inform you of your rights after buying a car and the short period where they're still fairly powerful.

Was it a VX dealer you bought it from or an independent ?

@Valer, was there ever a TSB or similar released for this fault ? Just thought if there was, it may well be a useful for the OP to mention to the dealer when he returns the car for checking ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hopefully it'll be summat minor and the dealer will sort it out quickly. Boroboy will be along in a minute (I hope coz i can't remember - lol) to inform you of your rights after buying a car and the short period where they're still fairly powerful.

Was it a VX dealer you bought it from or an independent ?

@Valer, was there ever a TSB or similar released for this fault ? Just thought if there was, it may well be a useful for the OP to mention to the dealer when he returns the car for checking ?
Yes evans halshaw in leeds, I got 3 year mechanical and electrical guarantee thrown in with the car so cam claim no issues in that respect. But don't feel I should be going through whatever the claim process is for that which I'm sure is long winded and centralised, so emailed the salesman direct.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Don't recall one Shaky

·
Registered
825 Posts
Yes evans halshaw in leeds, I got 3 year mechanical and electrical guarantee thrown in with the car so cam claim no issues in that respect. But don't feel I should be going through whatever the claim process is for that which I'm sure is long winded and centralised, so emailed the salesman direct.
Ah that's good then that you've got some sort of warranty/insurance. Before you take it back in don't forget to check there's a good concentration of washer fluid in the tank and also check for any dampness first though in the areas mentioned and if there is any, DEFINITELY mention it to the dealer. I would even quote them the posts on this board re: the issue to show them you know there has been an issue with this in the past on some cars. Should hopefully make them realise they can't just fob you off with any BS.

Don't recall one Shaky
No worries Valer, just thought it was worth checking for the OP mate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently bought my used Astra from Thurlow Nunn Vauxhall and had a few issues, they sorted it out no bother without going through the whole warranty claims process, the guy I spoke to said it was covered under the law for three months by them, after that you’d need to do as a warranty claim.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts