Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found that seats should have auto ventilation, just like auto heating (which is in the menu). Can someone confirm they have this feature? I have it stated in the manual, but it's not in the car menu. And such a wonderful feature would be a life saver in the summer :D

Sometimes i'm wondering is there actually any connection with manual and the actual car :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello Kristis,
Do you have electric seat adjustment as well?
I have the Elite Astra, Leather AGR seats but without electric adjustment. I just get the heated seats.
In order to get the cooling seats I think you have to order the electric adjustments as well.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i have everything in them. And manual says there's an option in the settings, but i can only find automatic heating, but not automatic cooling. So i'm thinking is it available or was this just another "printing error"? If yes, then how to set it? :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
In the UK if you have the electric seat option, then the seat cooling is activated by buttons on the fascia, just below the heated seat buttons. Sounds to me as though you do not have the electric seat option?

·
Registered
280 Posts
daddydoug said:
In the UK if you have the electric seat option, then the seat cooling is activated by buttons on the fascia, just below the heated seat buttons. Sounds to me as though you do not have the electric seat option?
Scammed again Kristis! :?

·
Registered
91 Posts
afaik theres two sorts of leather seats
- without massage is standard on elite
- with massage function is the optional extra that kristis has which should have all the bells and whistles including ventilation

that was my take on the brochure and options list anyway

afaik on mercs that have cooled seats they are ducted to the aircon system to get the cool air , not sure what vx take on it is

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think thread author is asking about *automatic* cooling.

For example if outside temperature is low then seat heating is automatically turned on (also levels are automatically changed by computer from full heating gradually to lower settings). No need to touch any button. (tested on AGR seats).

Now the question is if automatic cooling exists when outside temperatures are very high?

·
Registered
91 Posts
arek said:
I think thread author is asking about *automatic* cooling.

For example if outside temperature is low then seat heating is automatically turned on (also levels are automatically changed by computer from full heating gradually to lower settings). No need to touch any button. (tested on AGR seats).

Now the question is if automatic cooling exists when outside temperatures are very high?
gotcha good thinking that makes sense

well as i dont have those flash seats id have to guess that if there is a setting for that it would be on the main screen under comfort settings - pure guess though as it could just as easy be linked to aircon temp setting being low and set to auto

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep, correct, mine are operated by buttons as with all others, but manual states that they should be automatic and that should be turned on/off in the settings. Automatic seat heating works like a charm on cold mornings, but when seats are burning like red hot lava - ventilation is not activated automaticly...

So its either Opel considers my country as a cold country and didnt include it; or i canf find its operation; such feature only exists in the manual :)

Anyone from Turkey/Italy/Spain have automatic ventilation or are they still operated manualy? If yes, when does it engage and how to turn it on?

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
There are some options described in the first release of the manual, that didnt make it in production. Like the ability to set rear lights to work with day time running lights in the system settings.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep, asked my dealer and she said that manual was rushed into printing and is full of errors. Opel will send out normal manual by the end of next month to current owners, at least in here

1 - 17 of 17 Posts