Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fault:

On the NAVI900 radio/Infotainment units supplied with SRi Navigation models (or as an option) when going into vehicle settings followed by time & date there is no option for "automatic" update via RDS (Radio Data System). This therefore means customers needs to manually adjust the time/date. RDS automatically updates your date and time over the radio airwaves so when the clocks go back/forward you don't have to mess about changing it manually. It also updates if you visit a European country in the vehicle with a time difference.

Cause of Fault:

This is a software weakness/failure that can be rectified by a Vauxhall Dealership in the UK performing an update. This fault ONLY applies to UK vehicles. If you have a NAVI900 unit please go to the Time & Date settings menu and selecting Auto Set. If it has no option (if it says only 'Off - Manual') then you will need to visit a dealership with reference to this complaint. They will be able to carry out an update to fix it.

Repair:

A Vauxhall Dealership Diagnostic Technician can carry out a software update to rectify this fault. Any cars produced from 27th October 2015 onwards in the UK come with the improved software as standard.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thanks for that. I guess it only affects a few very early models, fortunately.

Out of interest, is there any reason why it's not updated over the air using 4G? I assume it's possible?

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have a fairly early model elite nav got it back in November and mine has the option update via RDS so I'm guessing there can't be too many around as my dealers said I was the first person to receive the new Astra at there dealership and it's quite a big dealership

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Funny you should mention this. I had an issue yesterday where the clock disappeared and I could only set it manually but click still not displaying , I left the car for a hour with the ignition off came back and the clock had reappeared and could be set using RDS.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cornishtaz - Has your vehicle got the option in Settings for the 'Auto Set' or does it just say 'Manual - Off'?

I picked up my Astra 13/11/15 and it needed this update however it was a pre-built vehicle sat at a dealership so not placed to order. Anything built from end of October onwards officially has the updated software. However it may be certain vehicles from Summer/Autumn last year came with it installed anyway.

Out of interest, is there any reason why it's not updated over the air using 4G? I assume it's possible?
It is certainly possible however Vauxhall playing it safe in the early days of OnStar not issuing updates over 4G just yet. This will come in time though.

·
Registered
495 Posts
cornishtaz said:
I think mine was just a software glitch. As ive got Manusl and RDS option but couldn't select RDS but after an hour with ignition off it fixed itself.
As I said previously mine did the same and has been fine ever since

·
Registered
81 Posts
ArcanumFox said:
Cause of Fault:

This is a software weakness/failure that can be rectified by a Vauxhall Dealership in the UK performing an update. This fault ONLY applies to UK vehicles. If you have a NAVI900 unit please go to the Time & Date settings menu and selecting Auto Set. If it has no option (if it says only 'Off - Manual') then you will need to visit a dealership with reference to this complaint. They will be able to carry out an update to fix it.

Repair:

A Vauxhall Dealership Diagnostic Technician can carry out a software update to rectify this fault. Any cars produced from 27th October 2015 onwards in the UK come with the improved software as standard.
How abut Outside UK?
I have the same issue.... and after Android AUto update and last 17-R-020 still not available the auto-time-and-date.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts