Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I joined the forum recently after hearing about the £2000 scrappage allowance which sounded great as I have an old Vectra SXi from 2003 to trade in. I like to buy new cars and keep them for a long while, so I was keen to get just what I wanted but was too late to get a factory built model under the old scrappage scheme. Now it's back I was able to get what I wanted.

Note for a factory build model you need to order now (1st week in January) for the scrappage discount which requires registration before the end of March.

Everyone has been great on this forum and it's been invaluable in choosing my spec. I've just today ordered an Astra SRi Nav for delivery third week in March 2016:

Astra SRi Nav 1.4i Turbo 150ps, solid red
  • Parking Pack
    Intellilux headlights
    Winter Pack: Heated seats and steering wheel
    Sunroof
    Climate control
    Powerflex bar and phone holder

Total price after all the discounts: £17,300 (see my Discounts thread for details).

I dithered about the Nav with 8" display but when the dealer asked "What do I need to do to get your order today?", I said "Upgrade to the Nav for £300" and to my surprise he did... :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
On Monday (28/12) I ordered the Sri Nav with the options the same as yours and colour the same but with 18" Bi colour wheels, Ergonomic front seats, Keyless entry, Dark tinted rear windows, spare wheel instead of inflation kit, power flex bar with air freshner and a £500 cash card (for being ex Forces as a thank you from Vauxhall - the offer finished on the 29th) and a £500 fuel card. Cost £18358.91p to be exact. Should get it by middle to end of March.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blimey - sounds like you ticked all the boxes! Sounds awesome and a great price too. Did you have to haggle a lot?

Was that price including the £2000 scrappage scheme too?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had a 6% partners discount. Forgot to mention that I got the mats (premium ones) thrown in as a freebie. I just kept threatening to walk away but I didn't expect them to take me seriously !!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Deeps
You must have got a great dealer discount after the 6% Partner discount. How much did you get off the list price and what was the dealer discount?

·
Registered
86 Posts
UKtekkie said:
Hi Deeps
You must have got a great dealer discount after the 6% Partner discount. How much did you get off the list price and what was the dealer discount?
Looking back at my post, I forgot to mention that I put in my Mrs car as PX as she is having my GTC. (£4000) and £1500 dealers discount because of my loyalty. (I have had my last five cars new from the same dealer and change them about every three years). I really had to work hard on the "loyalty" discount.

The salesman said at the end after he shook my hand "By God, you worked me hard but we eventually got there" .

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you've ordered a car and want to track it, you can enter this URL but replace the last 8 characters with your vehicle number from the MyVauxhall web site (or your dealer's paperwork if they quoted it):

https://www.trackmyvauxhall.co.uk/track/show?vehicle_no=1234ABCD

Have delivery dates from Track My Vauxhall been fairly accurate so far?

·
Registered
495 Posts
My delivery date was earlier than the track my Vauxhall stated but I was was one of the first to order on the site back in September and got mine beginning of December the track my Vauxhall said beginning of Jan

·
Registered
856 Posts
Hi

Track my order gave me a delivery date of 29/1 but it was actually delivered to the dealer 15/1. Picked it up 23/1

Cheers

Paul

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.