Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plugged my ODBclick device into my Astra and there were no fault codes, but on checking the real time measurements it states... 16673 Distance in Km traversed since MIL turned on. Can someone tell me what this means please.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
It depends which data pid it's accessing but the two likeliest are :
Distance Since First Malfunction
Distance Since Last Malfunction

Reactions: Boroboy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK thanks, so this is the distance the car has been driven in Km since the a malfunction. Am I correct in thinking that as the car is currently showing no fault codes, the actual mileage (Km) the car has been driven will be higher than16673 Km. (10360 miles). I ask as the mileage showing on the car dash is a lot lower than what is being stated on ODBclick.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I'm always a bit wary relying on what info most obd readers show,
i've seen too many that draw from the wrong pids,incorrectly read fault codes and other issues.
True miles(kms) are stored in the BCM and are displayed in the instrument,what the reader is showing could well be incorrect.
Are you saying the miles displayed in the instrument panel is possibly less than the miles the car has actually done or am i getting that wrong ?

Reactions: Boroboy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are correct, I just wanted to know if ODBclick is accessing the true mileage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.