Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

does anyone else have the issue where your number plates are massively overhanging at the front.

If so, what fix did you find? I just bought a number plate holder which seems to have made it worse :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
number plate tape, so much better than anything

Reactions: Boroboy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
number plate tape, so much better than anything
i did originally use number plate tape from halfords, but no matter how much i cleaned/held the reg on the side would still hand off. it's almost like i need to bend the reg plate itself

·
Registered
130 Posts
i did originally use number plate tape from halfords, but no matter how much i cleaned/held the reg on the side would still hand off. it's almost like i need to bend the reg plate itself
I bought some from the independent store near me, perfect stuff bloody brilliant never had a problem since, if you want I can pick some up for / find out the brand and maybe send you some?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought some from the independent store near me, perfect stuff bloody brilliant never had a problem since, if you want I can pick some up for / find out the brand and maybe send you some?
If you could find me out the brand first that would be perfect mate, I have a car tuning garage near me that sells accessories. If you let us know the name & my garage doesn’t have them I will PayPal you the money get me some hahaha

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I've always screwed my plates on when I've ever changed any. You can get yellow or black screw head caps if you ever attach them through letters. Then I usually use double sided sticky tape too, overkill I suppose.
I don't like plates that are not attached level, either:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've always screwed my plates on when I've ever changed any. You can get yellow or black screw head caps if you ever attach them through letters. Then I usually use double sided sticky tape too, overkill I suppose.
I don't like plates that are not attached level, either:ROFLMAO:
Screws give me the ick, don't like them anymore ew

Reactions: Boroboy

·
Registered
2019 Reg
93 Posts
Mine didn't massively overhang, but I HATED my vauxhall dealer plates, they were on slightly crooked, even the front which is simple to line up! They'd used these massive silver screws that you couldn't put caps over as well. I took them off and got a set from ebay and used double-sided tape to put the new ones on, it took 2 goes to get it level as I liked though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts